Re: Will voice commands be available on F122 on PS5?

by Monzstar83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will voice commands be available on F122 on PS5?

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Will voice commands be available on F1 22 on PS5?

Would love to know for sure before buying - specifically which version.

Message 1 of 49 (7,612 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

Can conform they do NOT work on PS5. 😮‍💨

View in thread

Message 21 of 49 (7,689 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I've seen nothing so far to suggest that it will, so right now I'd assume it WON'T work until proven otherwise.

There has been a change to the PS5 software so that it might now at least be technically possible but even that is unclear.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 49 (7,598 Views)

★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 Cheers, am currently using the PS4 version of F1 21 on my PS5; I suspect I’ll have to do the same for F1 22, which means I’ll have to purchase the champions edition for extra £$€¥…
Message 3 of 49 (7,588 Views)

Champion

@Monzstar83 wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77Cheers, am currently using the PS4 version of F1 21 on my PS5; I suspect I’ll have to do the same for F1 22, which means I’ll have to purchase the champions edition for extra £$€¥…

If I were you I'd not pre-order and wait to see what the situation is at launch. Right now I don't suppose we can be certain that the PS4 version run on the PS5 will have voice commands like F1 2021? Unless someone from Codemasters/EA responds to this thread to clarify...

Why would you have to buy the Champions Edition though, rather than choosing to buy the PS4 version?

Message 4 of 49 (7,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Ultrasonic_77In order to get both versions of the game (Can’t live without the voice commands and I’m hoping they’ll solve the PS5 voice commands issue soon with the new PS5 voice update). AFAIK, buying the PS5 version of the game does not mean you automatically get the PS4 game, and vice versa, so if we flip your comment I’d have to buy PS4 version first then PS5 if they sort it (as I’d obviously want the PS5 version), which in total is more than the champions edition (not great since I have to pay more to take that gamble), but it’s not so bad for me since I have EA play and and early-bird discount as I have F1 21. 

Message 5 of 49 (7,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Monzstar83 wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77In order to get both versions of the game. AFAIK, buying the PS5 version of the game does not mean you automatically get the PS4 game.

I know but from what you'd posted it wasn't obvious why you'd want the PS5 version at all?

Message 6 of 49 (7,567 Views)

★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 Sorry, was just updating my comment as you responded.
Message 7 of 49 (7,563 Views)

Champion

Much less of a price premium with the 20% off at least Standard smile.

Message 8 of 49 (7,562 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 I really hope so. It’s not the biggest issue in the world but it would be much better
Message 9 of 49 (7,561 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Cpayne32, generally agree with you. For me (and a few others), it is pretty deal-breaking. I think it’s not so much an issue as we can still get the PS4 version on PS5 (and I’m willing to sacrifice better graphics and audio for it, as it currently stands). I think if they only released the new game for PS5, it’d be a bigger deal  for the user base (I know they won’t right now as not enough PS5 users out there due to console availability). Failing voice commands they need to let us edit the first MFD page for commands we most use.

Message 10 of 49 (7,546 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help