Will there ever be a hardcore mode for Battlefield V

by Zzyter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will there ever be a hardcore mode for Battlefield V

★★ Novice

Hello All,

Can someone please let me know if there will ever be a hardcore mode added to the game? There have been mentions of this in multiple media articles however 17 months after release nothing! Battlefield 1 got the mode some time after launch but at least it got it! 

I understand it is not everyone's cup of tea but there is a large community out there who love the hardcore modes and more realistic game play. The Stuka's cannons may actually be useful in the mode instead of their current useless state.

Cheers guys,

Zyter 

Message 1 of 8 (10,237 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will there ever be a hardcore mode for Battlefield V

Official HC servers? Most likely not. Buuuut.....

When the full version of RSP/Community Games (hopefully) launches we'll be able to customize damage values among other things so we should be able to make our own - be sure to stay tuned to official channels for more info mate Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (10,181 Views)

All Replies

Official HC servers? Most likely not. Buuuut.....

When the full version of RSP/Community Games (hopefully) launches we'll be able to customize damage values among other things so we should be able to make our own - be sure to stay tuned to official channels for more info mate Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 8 (10,182 Views)

Hello @Zzyter

There will not be any Hardcore Mode officialy from DICE in server rotation but there will be some addition for Community Games so you will be able to make your own Hardcore Server. Standard smile

There is no date for Community Games update yet so stay tuned.
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 8 (10,169 Views)

★★ Novice

I could not agree more with you. I spent money on Battlefield 1 and got bored as the game has been completely dulled down for players who cannot play in HC. I've waited and bought Battlefield 5 for £13 and so glad I did. Everything about this game is fantastic other than the fact it can take an entire clip/mag to kill someone which is an absolute joke. It allows any player to have time to turn around and gun you down first and win the 1 on 1 battle if they head shot you. Game or no game Battlefield was neve about that. Completely ruins it for me. This is the last game Ill be buying now. 

Message 4 of 8 (10,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'll follow this thread because it's also something I really miss in the game. Since BF3 (at least regarding a game from the Battlefield series) I was playing HC only. I can't remember that I ever played a normal game in BF3 and BF4. Which also meant: after buying BF V (along with expecting an existing HC-mode) it was a hard time for me to be able to play. 

If you are used to hit your opponent with one single bullet when using a sniper rifle (or two if you use a semi sniper rifle), it's worse if you have to hit the same three or more time to get him down. Also, I always love to play close quarter combat. In BF V, the amount of explosives flying around is disgusting. Friendly fire can lead to a much more interesting experience than that stupid grenade/noob tube spam we have now in the game. Also, in former times we used to play this game some kind of tactical/realistic. Not possible here. Marking an enemy (or better: getting marked by an enemy) is more of less the spears head regarding realism.

I know that there will not come any usable HC-mode in BF V, but I also know that I will only buy the next BF if there is such a mode. I still don't really like this arcade gaming like it's now. 

Message 5 of 8 (8,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too.  Posting as well because I too had hoped for a Hardcore mode. If this is becoming a wish list, an anti-cheat system would be nice as well.

Message 6 of 8 (8,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am afraid I bought this game almost on release.  Back to WW2 in my favourite game in HC mode......but wait......I need more than a clip to kill people what is going on, where is HC mode.  With great reluctance I have put the game away as there will never be HC mode in this game I am told in general servers.  I guess for me I will be one of the HC players who won’t be buying a BF game again as they seem to be building an amazing looking game for arcade play.

Oh well at least HC is available on COD if not quite the same experience.

Message 7 of 8 (8,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just play Hell Let Loose or Post Scriptum instead. EA and Dice have made a mess of this series and don’t deserve the money from a player base they don’t cater to. Battlefield is nowadays for pimple popping 13 year olds running and gunning high on Jolt. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,218 Views)