Will there ever be a Solo mode

by LunaSea89

Original Post

Re: Will there ever be a Solo mode

★ Guide

You know I laugh every single time someone says "This is a team based game..  

verb

1. 1.
    come together as a team to achieve a common goal.

This is no where near that. This is a "Me before you" game. Unless you have 2 actual friends playing, "Team work" is the furthest thing that happens. Let me sum up 99% of the games that happen. Disconnects, "teammates" not dropping together, loot snatching, no communication, no ping system used, running off into battle like their name is Shroud, Hotdrops by players that don't know the difference between a Eva and donald duck, "teammates dropping, grabbing as much good loot as they can then standing in the storm till they die, teammates that don't come back for your card, teammates that yell and scream if you don't get their card fast enough, teammates that ping over, and over and over and over and over again to get their card, Sadly this is just scratching the surface

So just stop, you are only embarrassing yourself when you say "This is a team based game".. It's like saying * was a nice guy deep down inside. 

Personally, I am a firm believer that those that hide behind this ridiculous attempt at reasoning are those that know they could never win a solo match. 
Message 21 of 34 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That is the crux of a pick up group online game like this and its biggest flaw.

You might make it into the game with 3, but that commonly drops to 2 for no apparent reason.  I read that some players disconnect if they don't like the ranks and stats of the other players even before they have seen how they play.

Sometimes you get a good group, but that is unusual and even then they have a tendency to run headlong into dying before the top 10.

And then you have the players who want to drop instantly and get killed in seconds without any weapon.

And then those who want to go and play solo and get killed and reduce your chances because you are down to 2 or 1.

And thankfully the very few who I disconnect from when they start to throw abuse around because they got killed soloing and need reviving/banner collected yet are either miles away or in the middle of a massive firefight.

I can get to the top 3 squads on my own, true I rarely get any kills, but I am still cautious enough to get there.

In a squad I have won one game in around 40 - with one of those one man armies that you wonder what they are using - otherwise I rarely make it past 15.

I don't get why anyone plays a coop game then wants to play on their own, just like in L4D2 you just guarantee you are going to die.

Message 22 of 34 (353 Views)

★ Guide

@halo572 wrote:

That is the crux of a pick up group online game like this and its biggest flaw.

You might make it into the game with 3, but that commonly drops to 2 for no apparent reason.  I read that some players disconnect if they don't like the ranks and stats of the other players even before they have seen how they play.

Sometimes you get a good group, but that is unusual and even then they have a tendency to run headlong into dying before the top 10.

And then you have the players who want to drop instantly and get killed in seconds without any weapon.

And then those who want to go and play solo and get killed and reduce your chances because you are down to 2 or 1.

And thankfully the very few who I disconnect from when they start to throw abuse around because they got killed soloing and need reviving/banner collected yet are either miles away or in the middle of a massive firefight.

I can get to the top 3 squads on my own, true I rarely get any kills, but I am still cautious enough to get there.

In a squad I have won one game in around 40 - with one of those one man armies that you wonder what they are using - otherwise I rarely make it past 15.

I don't get why anyone plays a coop game then wants to play on their own, just like in L4D2 you just guarantee you are going to die.

They also quit if you take their "Character", like they are the only one with rights too it.. It's funny, I had some kid say "I hate when trash players take MY Bangalore" then quit out. (Note: This is on my 2nd account where I was level 7 with 25 kills. My main account I am over level 100). I actually got a good laugh out of that. 

Message 23 of 34 (323 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think that it would be difficult to balance the legends for solo mode and for squad mode. I would be all for a duo but I think a solo mode will go against what respawn wants. I mean going solo will take away the one thing that makes apex different which is the respawn mechanic. I also think that some legends will be stronger in solo than others which will make it unfair. As for the people saying that people run off on their own and the disconnect well that happens in all battle royale games. But for me at least this is the most team based battle royale.

Message 24 of 34 (316 Views)

★ Guide

1) "As for the people saying that people run off on their own and the disconnect well that happens in all battle royale games".. 

Agreed, but nowhere near as much as it happens in this game. 

2) "I think that it would be difficult to balance the legends for solo mode"

Not at all. Either leave the Legends how they are, or strip them all of their powers. Personally I would just leave them how they are. I would have zero issue, or complaint, using Lifeline going 1 on 1 with Gibralter. This would also make picking your Legend more strategic. 

3) "I mean going solo will take away the one thing that makes apex different which is the respawn mechanic"

Thats kind of the point to SOLO. You die, you die. There is no coming back. This also makes players think twice about HOT DROPPING and running head long into battle. 

4) "But for me at least this is the most team based battle royale."

I would refer you to my earlier comments. I have had better random teammates in PUBG and Blackout then here, on a consistent bases. 

For those arguing against SOLO mode, take a moment and explain something to me.

What is the difference of me vs 59 single players and me, plus 2 teammates, verse 19 other squads..  Please keep in mind that on a regular bases we (the single random on a team) find ourselves in a situation where we are in a 1 v 3 fight. How is that fair? Why not level the playing field for those that enjoy playing a game that we do not have to rely on strangers that most times have no clue what they are doing. 

Again, I go back to "those that stand behind the "this is a team based game" statement know they could never win a Solo. I on the other hand know I can, I have done it countless times in both Pubg and Blackout, I end in top 3 (without a team) in Apex on a regular basis. So why would I agree that I should be put at a disadvantage because teammates leave the game or make really bad decisions? Why should I allow them to deny me of wins? 

There is absolutely no logical argument in favor of "No Solo's". So why do people try and make one?

Message 25 of 34 (313 Views)

★ Guide

let me make this argument easier, and maybe give you all an opportunity to make me see things in a different light. 

Lets say my team does not disconnect from the start. Lets say I am the jump master 

So I pick Swamps and BOTH my teammates say "OK". Now I am in a full dive heading to the middle triangle buildings of swamp. My teammates, altho have already agreed and acknowledged swamps, turn off and go Relay. Since I already committed to swamps and could not turn off to join my "teammates", I am landing alone.

Now I land in swamps with 2 other full squads. 

How is this fair? Explain to me why it is I should be put at a major disadvantage because 2 teammates, that are more then likely in a private chat and can't/won't communicate with me, decide to change location without letting me know. 

Can you actually explain logicly that me vs 3 vs 3 is more fair then me vs 1 vs 1? 

You can't argue "respawn", because if my teammates left me, they sure as hell are not coming back for me. You can't argue Legend power/specials, because no matter who I picked, I am going against at least 3 different legends, possible 6 of the current 8. You can't argue "this is a team based game" because my "teammates" (and I use that term loosely) have already demonstrated the "Me before You" mindset. 

So what how do you justify it being fair?

Message 26 of 34 (309 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@Payne-TK wrote:

I'm glad there will never be a SOLO mode. This game's greatest strength is it's teamplay. With solo mode all the good stuff will be gone: no more ping system, no more ressurect, no more class synergy. Without a team, the game will become repetitive and boring.

You are one of these people against solo mode that absolutely baffles me. Answer me this please: if they add a solo mode, how does that stop you from playing squads?

How does that stop you from using your ping system your resurrect your class synergy? How does that make the game boring for YOU? 

Last time i checked, nobody is saying remove squads and replace it with solos. Nobody is saying once solos are added you must play the mode. What people are saying is add solos in addition to squads. So why wouldnt you simply be able to continue playing squads, ignore the solo mode and enjoy the game while others enjoy solo mode?

Do me a favor and please answer these questions because i see a lot of people with this horrendously BS argument that solo mode would ruin the game and i want to see a reasonable counter response to the one that i have made in this post

Honesly i dont believe there is one but i would very much like you to answer the questions ive posed or anyone else for that matter since several people seem to hold your ridiculous opinion as well

Because i don't like to split the community apart and change the identity of the game. You may think it's harmless but people stream this game on twitch and most twitch streamers will play solo giving the game a bad reputation as presenting it to new comers as an empty shell of itself with all it's core features disabled.

Changes the solo mode will bring:
-ping system gone (all the voice over they worked for over multiple legends pinging stuff in their cool accent gone)
-ressurect gone (all the respawn beacons are worthless, why even keep them in the game)
-completely rework abilities (Lifeline's revive shield, Mirage's downed passive, all worthless)
-players talking to themselves ("Here's ya birthday present" - CUCU)
-no class synergy (for example Wraith's portal is mostly used for slow teammates to catch up with you)

Message 27 of 34 (308 Views)

★ Guide

Changes the solo mode will bring:
-ping system gone (all the voice over they worked for over multiple legends pinging stuff in their cool accent gone)
-ressurect gone (all the respawn beacons are worthless, why even keep them in the game)
-completely rework abilities (Lifeline's revive shield, Mirage's downed passive, all worthless)
-players talking to themselves ("Here's ya birthday present" - CUCU)
-no class synergy (for example Wraith's portal is mostly used for slow teammates to catch up with you)

1) Agreed, there is no reason for a ping system, other then for directional purposes. 

2) Agreed, altho respawn beacons can be used in a different fashion. 

3) Agreed, but not that big of a loss

4) Players already talk to themselves, so this is a mute point. "I'm in the next circle, I got this" (when 2 teammates have already left the game)

5) Wraths portal also makes her run faster, so it can be used to out run circle. Also, it can be used strategically in a 1 on 1 battle, so another mute point.

Yo0u also said 

"Because i don't like to split the community apart and change the identity of the game"

First, the community is already split. Some want SOLO, some want Squad. So why not satisfy both? As for the "Identity" of the game, are you even sure you know what that is. Cause lets be honest, it sure is not "Team play"

Also

"most twitch streamers will play solo giving the game a bad reputation"

You don't think the lack of teamwork does that? 

and 

"presenting it to new comers as an empty shell of itself with all it's core features disabled."

EVERY BR has SOLO, DUO and SQUAD. SO how is this presenting it as an empty shell? The fact is it ADDS to the game, not takes away from it. 

Message 28 of 34 (290 Views)

★ Guide

Again it is a problem with game mechanic of the drop.

When I began I always conceded jump leader as I wasn't confident enough to know what to do, now I hope I get it to try to stop someone dropping into the hot zone for a less than 60 second round.

Then there are the high level players who want to solo and drop alone and you just seem to be there because they have to be part of a 3 man squad, they might be able to dominate and wipe numerous squads but it doesn't do much for the other 2 and they eventually get taken down anyway.

Makes no sense why they don't play Fortnite or PUBG.

And the last one where the drop leader isn't watching the trails of the other squads and they don't deviate from the chosen drop point.

This is the only time I solo drop as I know that if I end up with 3+ other players unarmed that even one with a pistol is going to get me.

So I drop to find a weapon and then try to join the others.

Who normally by that time have been wiped anyway.

As for the 'you have my character' - amazing how in a game where you get to choose you can only have one choice and quit if you dojn't get it.  Never even consider it.

Message 29 of 34 (269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The only thing that would change when they would add a solo mode to the game is that those who que into squads "WANT" to play squads and not have any of the things happen that ussually has a negative impact on the squad play going forward.

Having Solo's would be a good thing to the Squad based gameplay.

A fun thing that happened today in SQUADS, I go back for my teammates banner so they can be revived, it was a pretty though recovery, I kill 2 of the enemy squad, pick up my team mate, I get downed and killed the third, he needed a tickle to die but, lo and behold where was my backup buddy, runnin the opposite way, I am now dead and he revives, most likely his friend since they are a duo, my banner times out, they didnt even pause while it was ticking down to come for me, no chat, nothing.

These guys need Duo's to be added, in this case I would have had 2 team members who chose to be in squads, but no, I get these 2 asswipes.

Message 30 of 34 (262 Views)