Will there be gold and ultimate edition for ps4??

by Mightyvortex2

Original Post

Will there be gold and ultimate edition for ps4??

★★★ Newbie

No i dont have a ps5 and i will never get it until i get a ps5 slim so anyways on to my topic!; 

I see ea only have ultimate and gold for ps5 which i wont get for 2 more year for slim but the bf2042 is coming out this october 22nd and i really want to be in a beta. Sure i can order the standard edition i just worried i might be limited like that one time call of duty made bo3 in ps3 not have campaign only zombies and multiplayer. My point is i dont want to get bf2042 standard edition and not get into beta or have campaign and only have survival and multiplayer...i wanted to buy the gold edition but that only if i have a ps5 which is sucks cause the ps5 are having a huge bug and tech issue atm. Please fix this ea! Thank you and have a nice days! 

Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)

Re: Will there be gold and ultimate edition for ps4??

[ Edited ]

Hey @Mightyvortex2, Gold and Ultimate editions contain both versions of the game and the store likes to highlight the best version so don't worry that it says PS5 - Buying Gold on Ps4 will net you the early access you're after

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (171 Views)

★★★★ Pro

For physical no, but there is crossplay progression.

Message 3 of 4 (152 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Mightyvortex2 wrote:

No i dont have a ps5 and i will never get it until i get a ps5 slim so anyways on to my topic!; 

I see ea only have ultimate and gold for ps5 which i wont get for 2 more year for slim but the bf2042 is coming out this october 22nd and i really want to be in a beta. Sure i can order the standard edition i just worried i might be limited like that one time call of duty made bo3 in ps3 not have campaign only zombies and multiplayer. My point is i dont want to get bf2042 standard edition and not get into beta or have campaign and only have survival and multiplayer...i wanted to buy the gold edition but that only if i have a ps5 which is sucks cause the ps5 are having a huge bug and tech issue atm. Please fix this ea! Thank you and have a nice days! 

Hi @Mightyvortex2 ,

I have pre-ordered GOLD edition through our SONY Playstation Store.  And as it is a 'cross-gen' version, then it works for both your PS4 and also later for your PS5.  Matter of fact, I have it now shown on both my old PS4 Pro and on the new PS5, pending the download when beta releases.

Sony PSN subscription allows and support that you run both in parallel, while just paying for one license.  Only limitation is of course that you can only be active on one console at any point of time.  Standard smile  

Message 4 of 4 (118 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help