Re: Will there be a Mirror's Edge 3? (Future Games Show Announcement)

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will there be a Mirror's Edge 3? (Future Games Show Announcement)

★★ Novice

I'm just going to say it. MIRRORS EDGE IS UNDERRATED! 

I have been playing Mirror's Edge since 2009 and as a former speed runner of both games, I REALLY want another game. I am having high hopes for June 11th, the Future Games Show Announcement that Games Radar is hosting. But NOT a VR game. It would ruin the feel of ME. I think that VR games need to calm down. There are some really, really avid fans. I even listen to the original soundtrack everyday! Personally, I believe that it should be level structured and have the same art style as the original but have the amazing graphics like MEC. I feel like they should give it another go. Third time is the charm EA...

Message 1 of 24 (7,769 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @C1trusL3mon I too would love to see a third Mirror's Edge game but I would love to see it as a VR title.

Imagine this but in VR, would be stomach-churning in the best way.

Mirrors Edge GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (7,705 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @C1trusL3mon I too would love to see a third Mirror's Edge game but I would love to see it as a VR title.

Imagine this but in VR, would be stomach-churning in the best way.

Mirrors Edge GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 24 (7,706 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko There's only one issue for VR with me. I don't have PC config capable of VR yet. :D

But. I really wish there was any kind of extended story type version of MEC.
Message 3 of 24 (7,656 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @frantiCruzer I'll pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 24 (7,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Absolutely underrated! What mirrors edge needs tho is a multi player element.. with mic support. as mention a VR challenge or mission would be huge even just 1 VR mission as a bonus mission.. but having that social element where you can meet runners and friends in game on top of a sky scraper would be freakin cool.. even in free roam to just run with friends would keep the game enticing. After achieving 100% in all areas and hitting red 1.. i having nothing left to do in game which is really anticlimatic.. the ambience  and beauty of the games aesthetics i would happily keep playing if just to meet runner friends and watch the sunset 😁 but also to explore. It becomes lonely with no sociel element

Message 5 of 24 (7,337 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @MMM_HERETAUNGA, I will pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 24 (7,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The games industry in 2021 have brought no game that but supplies the gamer with an entertaining game and gr8 story. Mirrors edge is extremely underrated and needs more recognition. Hell throw out a remaster for all I care just to raise funds to make the third game. You did great on catalyst just needs a longer story and more character interactions in the open world. If you can also make the world bigger and choice making as well, this would make mirrors edge a game onto the levels of the witcher franchise and how gr8 the stories are from those Games. This would mean more story writers and engine designers but at the end of the day I can see profit and a huge player base revived. Plz consider what I said as I'm loving the character of faith and a third game would make it a perfect ending if u wanna leave it at that. 

Message 7 of 24 (6,579 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I sure hope there is another one. Great games man. Great games.

Message 8 of 24 (6,174 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I will pass your feedback on to the team. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 24 (6,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mirrors Edge has such a big place in my heart and I really hope there’s a new one 🤞🏼

Message 10 of 24 (5,916 Views)