Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will there be a LoD Upgrade for stadard edition in PC??

by ScrubbyGrabbit

Original Post

Will there be a LoD Upgrade for stadard edition in PC??

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I got the standard edition of Anthem by purchasing my GTX 2080Ti, will there be any way of upgrading it to LoD edition? im very insterested in the armors, and im not willing to pay a whole game again lol.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (96 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

There probably will be, since they typically have upgrade editions shortly after launch. That said, I don’t believe it has been explicitly confirmed.

Worst comes to worst, you could “temporarily upgrade” it by subscribing to Premier for $15, which gives you all of the LoD bonuses for as long as you’re subscribed. Though of course that’s not really practical in the long run.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 2 of 9 (89 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Exactly, I thought of doing that, but if then LoD upgrade coms for that same price, it'd have been a waste of money.
Message 3 of 9 (84 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah there should be. If you click the gear icon on the game page it should have an option that says Upgrade.

I wanted to upgrade my standard edition before my Premier sub ran out but it won't let me it seems, no 10% off on upgrading I guess.

Message 4 of 9 (80 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

No, theres no such option. Do I get the Ranger LoD armor? cos i've read that the standard edition gets only Ranger, and LoD edition gets all of them, is that true?

Message 5 of 9 (70 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Ophiel_Shimura wrote:
No, theres no such option. Do I get the comando LoD armor? cos i've read that the standard edition gets only comando, and LoD edition gets all of them, is that true?

You sure, when I click the gear icon there most definitely is an Upgrade option, maybe it is because my Premier sub is still active but I would hope we can upgrade.

Message 6 of 9 (61 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@Ophiel_Shimura wrote:

Hello, I got the standard edition of Anthem by purchasing my GTX 2080Ti, will there be any way of upgrading it to LoD edition? im very insterested in the armors, and im not willing to pay a whole game again lol.

Thanks.

bioware owes you guys whatever you want the early release on pc is terrible and so much won't be fixed in the Feb 22 patch.  Consoles will have a nearly perfect gaming experience on Feb 22.  IMO.

Message 7 of 9 (59 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ophiel_Shimura wrote:
No, theres no such option. Do I get the comando LoD armor? cos i've read that the standard edition gets only comando, and LoD edition gets all of them, is that true?

There is no “Commando,” but Standard Edition does get a Ranger cosmetic armor pack and a “starter Legendary” assault rifle. LoD gets a “starter Legendary” Ranger Assault Launcher though, which is more significant because it boosts the effective power level of the suit itself and affects the loot drops.

LoD also gets the armor packs (cosmetics) for all four of the suits, yes. As well as the OST download.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 8 of 9 (55 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Im sorry, my game is in Spanish, the name of the ranger in the spanish version is Comando, dont know why they did that tho...
Message 9 of 9 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help