Re: Will the young blood bloodhound skin return in the future after the event en

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

Will the young blood bloodhound skin return in the future after the event ends ?

★ Apprentice

Just curious if the skins from the old ways will ever come back or not? I know not everyone will have enough money to buy all the skins 

Message 1 of 17 (10,000 Views)

Re: Will the young blood bloodhound skin return in the future after the event en

[ Edited ]
Champion

@xBetterThanBaconMaybe in a year.

Also there is not much better than bacon.

Message 2 of 17 (9,975 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If you want it just buy it now. Otherwise you'll lament about it in the meantime.

I'm an advocate of it not returning, for it to maintain relevance in time based acquisition. A recolor like they did with some of the skins is a nice touch when bringing it back. But for those that were "there" it would be nice for items to show as such.

Message 3 of 17 (9,944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@ColdHours 

bloodhound youngblood and Wise Warrior are a store item skin. [Exclusive as a store Item not a BP or event pass]

just like the bangalore outLand warrior, octane hot pursuit, etc that came out during the Legendary hunt event. those should stay the same color and no need for a recolor.

Now the wraith night terror and blood hounds master of the hunt skin. should have a recolor and rename because those were event pass skins which should give it only exclusivity to that event only.

if the skin should make it around { which more the likely it will} again it should have a rename and recolor like the wraith voices from the past skin being the old night terror skin.

So anything that is an Event skin or BP skins that is obtainable through unlocks in game should be exclusive. Those need a recolor, anything that was in the store should will come back around as a exclusive to the store skin being sold at that time.

That is what it looks like Respawn is doing. I hope the trend continues.

it gives BP skins and Event skins a rarity and showed you were there for those Bp's and Events.

Message 4 of 17 (9,898 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree with this 100% 

Message 5 of 17 (9,881 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 You forgot that the skins you mentioned were given for free(have all three skins). So they came back with the recolor to milk money. Also, Youngblood and Wise Warrior are also event skins, not regular store skins, just like Wraith's 'Voidwalker'. The event is called 'The Old Ways' xD. So it's safe to say they won't be back for a very long time.
Message 6 of 17 (9,872 Views)

★ Apprentice

The voidwalker event labeled all the skins “event limited” and said they are eligible to return 6 months after end of event so I could see them bringing it back in correlation with another event that is similar 

Message 7 of 17 (9,863 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@xBetterThanBacon Ofc they said it. It doesn't change the fact that it won't return for a year at least. No event exclusive skin has returned as of yet. These legendary hunt skins were event skins but were also free.
Message 8 of 17 (9,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@BaldWraithSimp wrote:
@RevenanT-G7You forgot that the skins you mentioned were given for free(have all three skins). So they came back with the recolor to milk money. Also, Youngblood and Wise Warrior are also event skins, not regular store skins, just like Wraith's 'Voidwalker'. The event is called 'The Old Ways' xD. So it's safe to say they won't be back for a very long time.

Yes, the skins were free but was given as a reward for completeing the event Legendary Hunt event. So there for they're event skins. and are not exclusive in the in game store  and are a blood hound event pass skin unlike the void walker skin is a exclusive skin for wraith events as an in store exclusive skin.

Wise warrior and Youngblood were not event skins, but came out during the  Old ways event in the store. the only old ways event skin that came out was Gibs Shield of the North as a event skin. they are exclusive to the blood hound events in general.

Legendary hunt event skins was Night terror and Master of the hunt. Those should be recolored. Yes. because you had to participate in those event's to achieve those skins. That is how it should be Imo. it gives those skin a sense of rarity and saying you played those events

how would people know who's been playing the game for a while and who hasn't, if the event skins wasn't recolored ? 

This is what it looks like respawn is doing it that way and I hope they keep it that way. 

Then what would be the point of playing the event if those skin will recirculate in game at a later date. to be unlocked  later on ? it would make no sense.

Message 9 of 17 (9,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RevenanT-G7You think players would like if respawn does a recolor of an already paid skin and slaps 20 dollars price tag on it? Nah, recolors of any skins(that aren't free or earnable through playing) have always been free. If they do a recolor of any paid event skins, then it will be free and will come back with the original skins to lure new players who started playing Apex later. I mean that's how it works as of now. And it will also be a good way for newer players to get a hand on those rare skins IMO. And I don't want the recolors of any earnable skin to be more cooler than the original one xD

Message 10 of 17 (9,767 Views)