Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will the loot stay after official release?

by kl122002

Original Post

Will the loot stay after official release?

★★★★★ Novice

I have seen some people started to grind the gears in game during the demo. Some even believe these gears will be kept after official release. Seriously, is that true? 

Message 1 of 6 (222 Views)

Re: Will the loot stay after official release?

★★★★★ Apprentice
All progress during the demo (both VIP and open) will be wiped upon launch.
Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To elaborate the VIP demo and public demo will retain your progress between them. However on Feb 15th, the launch will have a clean slate. That is to say its not even possible to retain the data from the demo even if EA wanted to since the demo is based on an older version of the game that wont be used for the official launch, as well as the fact the the demo skips us 10 levels so that we can get straight into the game at full tilt (that includes our gear). The official game will in all likeliness start us off at level 1. Having level 10+ gear off the bat in a game that doesn't restrict equipping such high level gear would wreck more than a quarter of the progression.

In short, 100% no, nothing stays, clean wipe.

Message 3 of 6 (191 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Master_General_B wrote:

To elaborate the VIP demo and public demo will retain your progress between them.

Is this official?

I was hoping to try another Javelin during the the public demo.

Message 4 of 6 (167 Views)

@WorkerDroid wrote:

@Master_General_B wrote:

To elaborate the VIP demo and public demo will retain your progress between them.

Is this official?

I was hoping to try another Javelin during the the public demo.

That is official, yes.

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (154 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You are in luck.. ALL of the javelins are now unlocked and will be (at least for us VIP demo players) next week. That is also official.

Message 6 of 6 (121 Views)
Twitter Stream