Re: Will the game have skill based matchmaking in the future?

by napalm51

Original Post

Will the game have skill based matchmaking in the future?

★★ Guide

There is a certain imbalance issue at the moment, where a bunch of 3 good players can get matched together, while in the same match having low skilled groups, maybe new players. In the later parts of the game, where mostly the better teams advance, having 2 new players and a good one in one team  and the rest of the teams being highly skilled players, can create some unfairness. The system doesn't even have to be too strict as long as players that don't listen to advice/stay afk/expect a 0 dmg win/grief remain in that 'skill' group.

Message 1 of 5 (319 Views)

★ Guide

I believe there is some kind of system already in place. I have no source to confirm what I'm saying but a friend of mine that never played FPS games ever always has his butt kicked when he joins me and a very talented friend of mine but manages to do a couple kills when he plays alone.

Could a dev confirm this? 

Message 2 of 5 (288 Views)

★ Apprentice

supposedly, though i have read nothing official, they seperate squads and solos, when possible.

Message 3 of 5 (278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure what it is about this game - maybe because I have never played Fortnite/PUBG/H1Z1 - but there are some really seriously obnoxious players on this forum.

I'm one of those who expect a 0 dmg win players.

Why?  Because there is something wrong with the mechanics of this game.

How do I know?  Well normally I have 21% accuracy in normal games where having more than 35% with a sniper rifle is considered abnormal.

I can also get kills in those games, being normal 2:1.

TF2 - hits and kills,Quake Champions - hits and kills, most other online games apart from something obnoxious like one hit kill headshot instagib CSGO - hits and kills, this - no hits no kills, 0% accuracy, 0 damage, 0 kills.

How does that work?

You have 100% accuracy, can do x000s of damage per round, can take on 3 man squads after 3 man squads and wipe them, can headshot everyone perfectly each engagement - well done, I'm glad for you.

If I ever return to play I would want skill based matchmaking as well - along with many other players - we want players like you to face each other and not keep playing games where you enjoy getting your 59 kills per round while cleaning the windows, preparing something to eat and watching the television.

So all of you posters who fall asleep while wiping the other 59 players or who are demanding a ranked/skill based mathcmaking so you don't have to dirty yourself with filthy casuals - we want that too to be rid of you.

Did you know that having a 70% accuracy in Quake Champions doesn't raise an eyebrow or garner wailing and gnashing of teeth as a cheat?  Maybe take a look, it is F2P?

Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)

★ Guide

yes, but not too soon.

Message 5 of 5 (223 Views)