Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will single player Anthem campaign require a PS Plus / XBox Live Gold account?

by mstegen

Original Post

Re: Will single player Anthem campaign require a PS Plus / XBox Live Gold accoun

★★★ Newbie

I dont get it why this game needs ps plus to be played, I already paid a * 50-60$ just to get it and now it forces me to buy a * ps plus if i've only knew this earlier I wouldn't buy this game

Message 21 of 35 (680 Views)

Re: Will single player Anthem campaign require a PS Plus / XBox Live Gold accoun

★★★★ Novice

This is why i don't play my ps4 anymore unless I can play without needing PS Plus :/ 

Message 22 of 35 (661 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm pissed as well I paid sixty bucks so my plans of plus for a year went out the window and then I stayed up until 12pm just to play the stupid thing just to be stopped by a stupid paywall and now I'm going to be stuck behind all my friends this is BS. 

Message 23 of 35 (610 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Ataashi wrote:

Hey @mstegen

I've just got official confirmation that Anthem will require Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to play. Unfortunately, there won't be any parts of the game that will be available to players, who don't have those subscriptions.

/Ataashi

Wish I had found this thread months ago, I would've taken Anthem off my wish list before it even released... Why would they do that? other games you can play solo if you want, even Destiny (although you can't play SOME things)... but since I can't play it at all apparently, i guess it doesnt' matter as much how much of a disappointment the game apparently is.

Message 24 of 35 (579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA has mishandled this issue.

There's little if any advice on this website that Playstation Plus is required for the game, so my son bought the game and downloaded it, only to find that it wouldn't play without Playstation Plus, which we don't allow him to use for security and protection reasons.

When he bought the game he checked the chart on the back of the disc case. It said "1 PLAYER" with nothing about Playstation Plus, and "NETWORK PLAYERS 1-4 PLAYSTATION PLUS SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED" with the icon in a yellow background, so naturally he assumed that he could play solo without Playstation Plus.

When we complained to the retailer we were told there was a caution on the front cover. In very fine print it says "PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYSTATION PLUS REQUIRED TO PLAY." fortunatately the retailer agreed to accept a return, but how many other buyers will pay for a Playstation Plus subscription that they shouldn't need?

This is very poor marketing at best, or dishonesty by EA.

Message 25 of 35 (564 Views)

★ Apprentice
while i do understand people being pissed off about the subscription thing and i have gone trough the same thing with the beta free ps+ problem, i dont get the fuss. for once i thing ps has some fail safes against kids missusing purcess. as for the subscription its 60$ for 1 y... thats way better than monthly payed games that range around 70$ per month. this being said, i dont get it eighter why WARFRAME CAN be played without ps+ and ANTHEM CAN'T. (other than the fact anthem isnt F2P in wich case logic dictates "if you MUST buy the game you must have PS+. If you get the game FREE you dont need ps+).
Message 26 of 35 (536 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I just bougth a retail copy of Anthem form a guy on OLX used item site. Instal it on my XBOX ONE and...DISAPOIMTMENT!!

I wasnt awere of this feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already payed for the game!!!! Suport developers and all! I dont wanth to pay for a service i dont wanth to use, Xbox Live!

No wonder its a flop! Go to hell EA! Other games to play online need subscriptions for online features, but in single player you can play them!

Its border line stealing! I can not began to explain how disapointed i am for this!

Just going to resell it and cut my losses....

Message 27 of 35 (264 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

At least make a patch to enable singleplayer campain! Its the least you can do.

Message 28 of 35 (262 Views)

@Boanerges929 wrote:

At least make a patch to enable singleplayer campain! Its the least you can do.

You can play the critical path 'solo' but it's not a 'singleplayer' game. Playing with others is part of the fun. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 29 of 35 (237 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Critical path Solo?! The damn thing doesent leave the press A screen its always goes to Microsoft Store for XBOX Live subscription...
Message 30 of 35 (231 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help