Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will single player Anthem campaign require a PS Plus / XBox Live Gold accoun

by Cargan2016

Original Post

Re: Will single player Anthem campaign require a PS Plus / XBox Live Gold accoun

★★★ Newbie

actually there really isnt' a need to force plus on ps users since star trek online doesn't require plus at all  for online

i've been playing STO for nearly 2 years since it launched on PSN/X1 while X1 requires it, PSN doesn't.   I just don't get why you would force users to pay extra for being online when you're not actually playing online against people. it's real shady business.  then again what else do you expect from EA.  and you guys actually think this is gonna have a bigger reception than mass effect? LMAOL don't make me laugh

Message 11 of 35 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@jaispeed2017 wrote:

actually there really isnt' a need to force plus on ps users since star trek online doesn't require plus at all  for online

i've been playing STO for nearly 2 years since it launched on PSN/X1 while X1 requires it, PSN doesn't.   I just don't get why you would force users to pay extra for being online when you're not actually playing online against people. it's real shady business.  then again what else do you expect from EA.  and you guys actually think this is gonna have a bigger reception than mass effect? LMAOL don't make me laugh

Except for the fact that STO is F2P and Anthem isn't and it's Sony's policy that any synchronous online game other than F2P and subscription games require PS+ to play online. But hey, good to know you don't know the difference between EA and Sony ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 12 of 35 (1,551 Views)

★★ Guide

What Sony says about PS+ for online multiplayer games.

https://www.playstation.com/no-no/get-help/help-library/playstation-plus/playstation-plus/playstatio...

Xbox Live Gold says needed for online multiplayer according to their chart at bottom of the page.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold

Message 13 of 35 (1,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Devaex2  It is possible to play solo just harder.  the only thing they said would absolutly require a group is strongholds but im sure some one will find a way to even solo those eventually players are good at that

Message 14 of 35 (1,505 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
STO is a f2p game thats why it doesnt require a ps+ account
Message 15 of 35 (1,504 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Thanks
Message 16 of 35 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Yep me too
Message 17 of 35 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

From what it seems even just to play the game you'll need PS Plus, which is kinda messed up, I downloaded the Demo and wasted space cause it wouldn't even let me open the game app without PS Plus

Message 18 of 35 (1,007 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

your right. i think it should be a single player campaign with out PS plus

Message 19 of 35 (921 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I myself find it as a crappy business practice to force people to pay to play online for something you already paid for. I pay for my internet already as it is. This is why I don't use PlayStation. As for Xbox you can get free Xbox live by using bing. Either way it's crap they both force you to pay to play when they have nothing to do with any of it. This is one reason why so many people prefer PC over console.

Message 20 of 35 (828 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help