Re: Will my account in origin be deleted if I am inactive for 2 years?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will my account in origin be deleted if I am inactive for 2 years?

★★★ Newbie

I read this article about the reasons people hate so much ea( https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-People-Hate-EA-Ten-Simple-Reasons-43696.html) and what worried me only actually is that my account with all the games I purchased will be deleted if I am unable to login in their service within 2 years..Is that true?I am very worried and I dont think I will make purchases in their store again if thats the case.

Message 1 of 12 (11,644 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@AbC7213a3659276

Not true :-)

I will refer to such claims in articles as "clickbait".

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (11,925 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@AbC7213a3659276

Not true :-)

I will refer to such claims in articles as "clickbait".

Message 2 of 12 (11,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I know this is a three week old post but you should note that the article posted is six years old. The whole thing came about because of a clause in an old EULA that said EA COULD remove accounts after two years of inactivity.

EA then gave a number of statements saying nobody with games on their accounts would have them deleted for inactivity, such as the following:

"The Origin terms of service are designed to protect against misuse of the Origin system. No Origin user who has paid entitlements and/or downloaded games will have their account cancelled or games expired due to extended non-use. The term regarding account cancellation for non-use is designed to guard against creation of non-active accounts for inappropriate reasons."

The EULA was modified and the inactivity clause no longer exists. Steam did the same thing (maybe they still do I don't know). No Steam accounts will be deleted if they have games on them but accounts that are inactive for years and have no games on are or were purged.

Message 3 of 12 (11,491 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kenny32673

Good callout. I didn't see the article was posted 6 years ago! Shocked

Message 4 of 12 (11,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Kenny32673 wrote:

I know this is a three week old post but you should note that the article posted is six years old. The whole thing came about because of a clause in an old EULA that said EA COULD remove accounts after two years of inactivity.

EA then gave a number of statements saying nobody with games on their accounts would have them deleted for inactivity, such as the following:

"The Origin terms of service are designed to protect against misuse of the Origin system. No Origin user who has paid entitlements and/or downloaded games will have their account cancelled or games expired due to extended non-use. The term regarding account cancellation for non-use is designed to guard against creation of non-active accounts for inappropriate reasons."

The EULA was modified and the inactivity clause no longer exists. Steam did the same thing (maybe they still do I don't know). No Steam accounts will be deleted if they have games on them but accounts that are inactive for years and have no games on are or were purged.

Hi MOnkeySeeker!

my Account was deleted, and "Batlefiel 3" Product code was activated through this account. I own the DVD (bought in the store, I am the first owner).

When my account was deleted, I tried to activate the game through new account but it said that Product code was already redeemed (of course).

So, shortly, my account was deleted and my game which I payed is now blocked.

Message 5 of 12 (10,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom,

as I wrote to MonkeySeeker, here is a copy to you too:

my Account was deleted, and "Batlefiel 3" Product code was activated through this account. I own the DVD (bought in the store, I am the first owner).

When my account was deleted, I tried to activate the game through new account but it said that Product code was already redeemed (of course).

So, shortly, my account was deleted and my game which I payed is now blocked.

Message 6 of 12 (10,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @borisAYY the only time an account is deleted is when it is requested by the account owner.

If your account is not there it may be a case that:

• you requested its deletion
  • you may be entering the wrong account details
  • someone may have access to your account and updated the login info

The best thing to do is to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 12 (10,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Ea are * I've had my account locked for about 6 months I remember the email but not the password the support asked me to go to hotmail which I did but they locked it too. I'm not saying it's not my fault but because of those reasons I'm locked out my account forever. EA are * did I also mention they ask for credit card info even if it doesn't exist. Honestly man I don't know what's more Stupid me for being inactive or you guys. Don't tell my reply will be send a ticket or some *
Message 8 of 12 (8,762 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KillItWithMods when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will be unable to assist you in gaining access or making changes to an account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 12 (8,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your account verification is ridiculous 

Message 10 of 12 (7,746 Views)