Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will microtransactions details be released before reviews?

by geextar

Original Post

Will microtransactions details be released before reviews?

★ Apprentice

I have a serious question.

Will all the details about micro transactions be released BEFORE reviewers publish their reviews online?  

I'm talking full details on what costs money and how much.  Also how long it takes to earn the same currency via playing.

So will this be announced BEFORE the review embargo is lifted so it can be a part of the review or after they have been posted?

Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Current "Best Practice" is to withhold all information prior to launch.

EA could copy Activision and do a "COD" by keeping the store and the transactions hidden for a week to let the reviews get out without being able to shine a light on them.

Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Well, the customization is a big part of this game, and its also the only thing in the store. So i don't think they are missing out on that at launch. 

Maby they will ad the store and let people see the grind without real money prices first and drop the microtransactions after the reviews are out... it's EA after all... 

Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

I don't have the quote at my fingertips, but I understood that reviewers had (or will shortly have) access to the finished game, including its game economy to play and review.

When the review embargo drops, I'd expect that game economy to be part of the review discussions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help