Will emperor battle for dune ever be released on origin?

by joshwakeo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will emperor battle for dune ever be released on origin?

★★ Novice

I have the original disk copy of Emperor battle for Dune. It's one of my all time favorite games. Now that I've upgraded all my old laptops and desktops I cannot install the game for some reason. I love this game so much I would actually buy it digitally through Origin again to play it. I know I'm not the only one. At the very least release a patch or workaround for us to be able to install the game with the disk copy again. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (2,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will emperor battle for dune ever be released on origin?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sadly we are unlikely to see any Dune game get a re-release or even a new Dune game be developed. Herbert Limited Partnership who now control the rights to Dune are not a fan of gaming and have on a number of occasions said that it is unlikely that they will license the rights to a developer. The best chance of us seeing a new Dune game or re-releases of the classic games is when the upcoming film is released. It's still a couple of years away and there is a chance that it may not even get made given that Dune is such a huge universe but hopefully Duke Leto will rise again and we see a Dune franchise kick off. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,767 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Agreed, it's such a great game and I been jonesin for it for a long time now! Somehow, someway, this game needs to be brought back to life! Red Alert works fine, why not this? I know there is a fan base out there that ill pay for it! Not to mention the AMAZING sound track that goes with it! BRING BACK DUNE!

Message 2 of 5 (2,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sadly we are unlikely to see any Dune game get a re-release or even a new Dune game be developed. Herbert Limited Partnership who now control the rights to Dune are not a fan of gaming and have on a number of occasions said that it is unlikely that they will license the rights to a developer. The best chance of us seeing a new Dune game or re-releases of the classic games is when the upcoming film is released. It's still a couple of years away and there is a chance that it may not even get made given that Dune is such a huge universe but hopefully Duke Leto will rise again and we see a Dune franchise kick off. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (2,768 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for the quick response! In that case, is there any way to get the game to operate on windows 10? A common answer seems to be running the game in compatibility mode as an administrator but it didn’t work for me nor 90% of the people out there that I’ve noticed
Message 4 of 5 (2,630 Views)

@joshwakeo Unlikely. The legal way to run it involves an old PC with Win7 or lower on it. The other way is a dual boot system, but that works only for the PC's with CPU's pre-SkyLake or Ryzen. The new CPU's (SkyLake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake and Ryzen) have no support for Win 7 or lower, so it's not possible to get a dual-boot Windows 10 - Windows7 system.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 5 (2,594 Views)