Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Will ea fix anthem by the time the game launches and our concerns as pc game

by slightlyjaded

Original Post

Re: Will ea fix anthem by the time the game launches and our concerns as pc game

★★★★ Novice

I'm a network engineer and i know for a fact that my network was working just the way it should.

Their servers were taking a hit but never realized that it was that bad they were ill prepared for such a big launch.

I'd really like to play more but maybe their just not ready to release this game just yet.

EA needs to consider our input if they want to stay strong...

Message 11 of 24 (292 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My big issue now its the dc, hate when u are in the last part of the mission and u got dc, "but u can come back" not always bro, and there is another problem when u get a relic piece or the shine things to silence a relic and u got dc the thing gone... FOREVER, so everyboy needs to restart the mission cuz u cant finish.

about the ui and controls... realy bad, swiming in this game is worse than balck desert and BDO is rely bad in swiming
Message 12 of 24 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Hex73uk wrote:

Sorry, no offense but you seem to have no idea how support works. I work in support. You never assume anything. I can't help you if you can't tell me whether you are trying to connect from a smartphone or a Windows 10 device with wifi. As these are forums and not a telephone conversation, posting that basic info in your Op sorts that basic stuff out. And yes connection issues can arise from bad wifi reception in your house or incorrectly set ports. Regardless of how many people are having issues with connections, the basics still have to be communicated.

No, see this is my point, and you are kinda proving it. This isn't just some internet tech support. We all know going in that we are on computers, ostensibly able to connect to the internet and are having no issues with other online functions. We know that the game has had connectivity issues. Sure, troubleshooting some ports being closed is certainly something that could be looked at, that isn't something you are going to get in your basic specs post. A bad wifi connection, although I do not believe would cause the types of connection problems we are seeing, would likewise not show up on a basic specs post. Connection type, rather wired or wireless, is not usually included. As proof of that simple fact, I bring your specs into count. You gave us your CPU, GPU, and Ram. That would do no good to try to track down a connection issue even if it were on your side and not server-side.

Please don't assume that since you work in support you know what is going on here. This is not simple tech support where you ask the person to power off the modem and plug it back in after 15 seconds. Although I assume there are cases where the local computer is at fault, this has been, on the whole, a server issue. My specs are irrelevant when it is a server issue. That is all.

Message 13 of 24 (267 Views)

★★★★ Novice
They purposely trickled players into the game day 1 so this garbage complaining about how they weren't prepared needs to die already. Since its clear most of you cant do a lick of digging for yourselves and want to just * all over the forums here(also theres this fancy new site called twitter full of BW Devs that also share info)Y.W.: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ak0g9g/no_spoilers_the_pc_version_is_an_afterthought...
Message 14 of 24 (261 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@thDAVISor wrote:
They purposely trickled players into the game day 1 so this garbage complaining about how they weren't prepared needs to die already. Since its clear most of you cant do a lick of digging for yourselves and want to just * all over the forums here(also theres this fancy new site called twitter full of BW Devs that also share info)Y.W.: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ak0g9g/no_spoilers_the_pc_version_is_an_afterthought...

Wow you sure seem fun. That Reddit has been posted in numerous places on this forum already. Thanks for nothing. 

Message 15 of 24 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My impressions so far, FWIW...

Mouse flight control is pure trash. They definitely could be done better. The menus are clunky, counterintuitive and layered too deeply. It's clearly a poorly attempted console to PC port given little thought or effort beyond a cursory pass to see if the KB&M actually work. Forcing console style UIs and controls on PC players is just lazy coding (it always has been). Some folks don't like controllers, and some of us just plain can't use one at all. I have a couple of broken fingers that never healed properly. While I can make a KB&M work just fine, I'm forever locked out of using a controller, because I can't reach the various buttons easily, or at all in some cases.

Movement speed in 'town' is artificially impeded. There's absolutely no reason at all that we can't move faster in this environment. Being able to run isn't going to break the game or otherwise impair enjoyment. Being relegated to the speed of a common garden slug when moving around between NPCs, etc... has no purpose, especially in an environment that is entirely instanced with no other players in sight.

Several NPCs seem to have some sort of glowing light coming out of their faces when they speak. The girl that works on the Javelins looks like she swallowed a lightbulb. A couple of others also suffer from the same phenomenon. It appears they may be reflecting the lighting from the area they're in, as if the inside of the head polys are reflective or something, as the light coming from the mouth (and at times the eyes) changes based on where you encounter them.

The kick timer at the end of missions is far too short. I finished one, attempted to get to the drops where the boss died, and was bounced out of the mission by the timer before I could pick up anything. From what I can see, if it's still on the ground when you get booted back to Tarsis, you lose it. So I lost out on a couple of blue drops there, as they weren't in the inventory when I reappeared in town, and I didn't immediately see any sort of mail hub where they may have been sent.

The connection issues are definitely a problem. On the occasions when I can get in, once I get back to town, the next mission is a crapshoot. When it hangs, there's no way out but using Task Manager to kill the process, which also killed the Origin install on several occasions, requiring me to reinstall. There's no reason I can think of that killing the Anthem process should ever touch anything else in the Origin folder, so clearly someone screwed up somewhere.

The constant reliance on running through water or flying through a waterfall to cool the suit got old in the first 30 minutes. The overheating mechanic is quite a bit of overkill that could use a touch of toning down. The same goes for the annoying popup reminding you that the game is 'best experienced in a group' every time you launch into a private session. If they're that hardcore about MP, then don't give us the option for SP at all, rather than beat us in the face every single time we decide to do a bit of exploring on our own.

When I can get it to behave, it looks great.  The environment is really detailed, the fights (for the most part) are decent, though some bosses cheat hideously by shooting through solid objects, and ammo drops could be a bit less scarce. Beyond the poorly designed flight controls, having a flying combat suit is pretty slick. As one review stated, it's almost like being Iron Man. The story, what we could see of it so far, appears to be up to BioWare standards.

Despite it's issues, I really want to see this thing succeed. It seems like it could be fun to play, but ye gods, the sheer number of broken things and qestionable design decisions really need to be addressed. Decisively and quickly, before the next 'demo' period. When you have 'pro' (IE: media rather than players) reviews telling people to keep their wallets shut, it's not a good way to encourage sales.

I really hope you folks have a plan in place. I don't think you need another Andromeda level bomb blowing up in your face.

Message 16 of 24 (508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the well thought out and detailed post. Thanks for the information. 

Message 17 of 24 (224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i5 6600k 

Z270 MSI Krait Gaming edition board

16 GB Ram

MSI GTX 980 gpu

Corsair water cooler on my CPU

I had 100% GPU and CPU utilization the entire time the game was running.  Switching all  settings to low only increased my FPS, but had no effect on system usage.

System got really hot real fast.

I had to turn on vsync to cap frame rates. But for some reason Vsync only works in full screen mode. (I don't know if that is common) 

After doing that my system and gpu went down to normal ranges on medium and high graphics settings.

I also had infinite loading screens. 

Enemies would de spawn. Even a boss

Sound would go up and down for no reason. Making it hard to hear my squad on Skype.

Sound affects would cut in and out completely.

I had some stuttering. Even on my 350 mbps fiber internet.

This is my first time encountering nearly all bugs in my 3 hours in three days I even got the game to work. It feels like the problems are systemic to me not due to the variables in players systems, but to the game itself.

I like this game. 

I hope they will delay the release if the problems I encountered cannot be fixed before launch.

All that and the thing that brought the most frustration is all the menu interface and navigation. Make the PC version menus work like they should for PC's. IF I can hover my mouse over an option I should be able to click it.    

Message 18 of 24 (215 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Some people are here just to flame.

But i also work in support and got a crystal ball, works like a charm.
Message 19 of 24 (204 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Okay. I couldn't play day one so I don't know what you're talking about... I will say I did experience the 20%, the 25% the 30%, the 35% the 40% and just about every other % until I reached the 95% mark, then I experienced the 96, 97, 98, 99, 99.5, 99.6, and every other graduation after error. rubber banding made me quit after that. error message on entry made me a little irritable, especially because it was more program lockup than actual oops we f'ed up..

So basically I've currently spent 130 AUD for a game that microsoft in the 90's would have been embarrassed to release under it's umbrella.

Message 20 of 24 (192 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help