Will actual hackers ever get stopped?

by SewerTierGamer

Original Post

Will actual hackers ever get stopped?

★ Guide

So, apparently you can get kicked from the game for having a certain mouse, or for having a lighting system that has no bearing what-so-ever on the game; yet a full team lag switching, and who are able to heal FULL purple shields in under a second - they're fine. No worries there.

Mhm - seems about right for this mess of a game.

Message 1 of 12 (433 Views)

Re: Will actual hackers ever get stopped?

★★★★★ Expert
@SewerTierGamer Off topic: Are you in any way related to the gutter tier gamer, Rag Tagg? LOL.

The anti-cheat in this game isn't perfect but a big amount of players do get banned. Just scroll down this forum and you'll see some. If you happen to see a cheater try reporting them but this wouldn't guarantee them being banned immediately. You can also send a clip in this link https://help.ea.com/ca/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Or send a clip to hideouts https://twitter.com/RSPN_Hideouts
or if you're playing in asian servers send it to Rin https://twitter.com/RSPN_ShikokuInu
Message 2 of 12 (425 Views)

★★ Pro

Will hackers ever get stopped? ..... hmmm, well lets see, Seer's passive.

If Respawn is creating them in game then I would say....................

Enough said. 

Message 3 of 12 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SewerTierGamerConsidering that highly secured networks are routinely hacked, I highly doubt hackers will ever be "stopped". Plus, when one hack is stopped, they just adapt to a new one, until it is stopped, and then a new one, and so on and so forth. It sucks, yea, but it's just a part of this increasingly technology-based world that we live in

Edit: I'm aware that some games have better anti-cheat than others. I'm just talking about hacking in general. It's not like NORAD hosts Apex Legends, Lmao

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 12 (350 Views)

★★★ Guide

You cannot stop hackers, but there's alot more that could be done to minimize the damages

Here's just some things on the top of my head.

• More verification steps, like SMS verification, for account creation (if banned - the phone number would be banned as well)
  • Prime matchmaking for people that have invested money in the game
  • Audit system where you could watch reported clips and vote for, or against, a ban (maybe encouraged with some reward)
Message 5 of 12 (337 Views)

★ Guide

Would you believe, when he shaved his head, he looked EXACTLY like me, lol! 

It's just so frustrating - I'm not great at the game, I don't pretend to be - but every single day that I log on, I get kicked for my mouse. Sometimes as soon as I start up, sometimes 5 mins in, sometimes it takes 20 mins - so I can't even judge when it might happen, and start up the game earlier or whatever, but I got in top two yesterday, wasted by cheaters. Heartbreaking.

I sadly can't o clips - low on space at the min, so can't even go that route - and things usually happen so quick...

Message 6 of 12 (313 Views)

★ Guide

Oh 100% - maybe 'stopped' was the wrong word.. It's more the point of there being SO many, yet people are getting kicked daily by the EAC for their mouse, or keyboard, or whatever having lighting. It's just so... frustrating.

Message 7 of 12 (311 Views)

★ Guide

Some nice ideas there actually.

Message 8 of 12 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SewerTierGamer No. It will never happen as long as they are still making money. They welcome hackers and users of 3rd party equip
Message 9 of 12 (281 Views)

★★ Guide
@SewerTierGamer No, thanks for posting Standard smile

@Cheese9Man I am new in forums and I have browsed through it a bit by now.
Sad story - when coming to the game I was said that it is very hacker friendly (unfortunately my experience so far as well, already did run into thing mentioned by @SewerTierGamer), also to your point I see more topics like this or this (https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/Respawn-your-reaction-time-just-s/m-p/10922789#M89141) vs people getting banned.

Sadly we can't see hacker's names and post them here maybe so that we can't double-check how good/bad anti-cheat is (well it is clearly not working in some cases) and how fast Respawn reacts to hackers.

In my opinion anti-cheat and hack prevention is the basis of a game people will enjoy, yet clearly FPS games so far have proven that even better way is to add micro-transactions and just cash in while you can, while people start cheating in live tournaments khm cs khm khm go. Quite sure Apex is/will have the same problem soon, unfortunately, because posts about hacking, lack of protection and new skins and visuals (including some of your posts I have seen already) prevail here over actually banned cases and improvements in this part of the game.
Message 10 of 12 (254 Views)