Re: Will Squadrons support Flight Sticks!!!

by Zoutepoel

Original Post

Will Squadrons support Flight Sticks!!!

★★★★ Apprentice

I have flightsticks (HOTAS) for PC and XBox One X. They work great but the last Star Wars game to support them was X-Wing Alliance. Will this new game FINALLY add support for a flightstick and throttle? It is ridiculous to control ships with the little hand controller thumbsticks. Come on EA/DICE. Its probably a small subroutine to support filghtsticks. Your programmers might have the chops to do it if they are worth anything.

Message 1 of 27 (7,371 Views)

★★★ Novice

+1 on this. If it doesn't have support it'll be a no buy for me personally. Once you play a flight cockpit game with a joystick / throttle there is no going back to controller / MB

Message 2 of 27 (7,288 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There are no specifics on how it'll work, and if we get the full flying experience or something more simple (such as in battlefront..) but I'd assume it'll be alright. See below for the quote on the HOTAS / joystick support:

"Fly your way - Star Wars: Squadrons has controller, joystick, and hands on throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) support. We’ll have more details on supported sticks as we get closer to launch."

Message 3 of 27 (7,181 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Zoutepoel I wonder if that includes the X-Box One? Hmmmmm
Message 4 of 27 (7,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd expect it to, but they will announce more details closer to launch. Lets hope for the best. 

Message 5 of 27 (7,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I too seriously hope for this. I have the HOTAS for the PS4 / PC and combined with VR on the PS4 will just be SOOOOO awesome. I can do it with Ace Combat and it is the best thing ever, flying with a HOTAS and looking around in VR. Makes target tracking so much easier and combat manoeuvring so much more realistic.

Message 6 of 27 (7,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IGN have reported that the PC version will support HOTAS flight sticks... No confirmation for Xbox or PS4 though... Star Wars: Squadrons Will Support Flight Sim Controllers on PC
http://www.ign.com/articles/2020/06/16/star-wars-squadrons-joystick-flight-stick-throttle-hotas-pc

Message 7 of 27 (7,053 Views)

★ Apprentice

This EA support page (which wasn't readily available from the site) also indicates that flight sticks will be supported, but we don't know which yet:

Fly your way - Star Wars: Squadrons has controller, joystick, and hands on throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) support. We’ll have more details on supported sticks as we get closer to launch.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars-squadrons/star-wars-squadrons/pre-order-star-wars-squadrons...

Message 8 of 27 (7,041 Views)

★ Guide

I hope flight sticks are like really properly supported with support for fully re-bindable button/axess, multiple devices, and response curves for each axis.

Message 9 of 27 (6,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DIRTONAFrook Hi there i agree there has to be joysticks,i was shocked when battlefront 2 came out, i had taken that ppl would tex in, and say there should be joystick support, and it seem they never, so i will join the ppl supporting to have joystick,as we have the gfx , and the vr, but not the joystick ,,a pc xbox control dozent cut it at all, never has never will, full stop, so i ask you kindly pls support the joysticks ,this time and for all times? and could a free fight be put in to the game all so,we can just fly around the diffrent maps have a good look at them and the fighters on both sides,apart from that, im looking forward to the game, as we all are in the mouths to come.
Message 10 of 27 (6,965 Views)