Will Respawn confirm the SBMM Criteria?

by ThiccccQuava

Original Post

Will Respawn confirm the SBMM Criteria?

★ Guide

I am so confused about SBMM as I do not understand, why respawn will not just confirm how they control for this aspect of matchmaking. My concern is that it is strictly by level and that seems kinda dumb in my opinion and because now that my brother (who is really the only person I play with) is approaching 500 we are only in pubs with masters or higher champion squads. It makes the game unwinnable which tbh is fine I do not care about my win rate, but it seems like unless I hotdrop there are 5 squads left before the first ring closes. Rank (platinum) is a much better experience, but currently my other brother is sitting in silver and we are both plat so we are unable to play with him. 

We aren't good, barely plat, 1ish k/d, and besides my older brother we are under 200, anyone understand how this works and how to get out of lobbies that I do not belong in?

Best,
ThiccccQuava

Message 1 of 5 (193 Views)

Re: Will Respawn confirm the SBMM Criteria?

★★★★★ Expert
@ThiccccQuava As other people in this forum have said, they won't reveal it since people might find a way to exploit the system. It's a mix of rank, level, KDR and other things as far as I know.

On another note, be careful with your in game name as Respawn apparently does not like the word "thicc". LOL!
Message 2 of 5 (190 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Always wondered if servers had something to do with it, but as level 500 myself, It definitely not lvl restricted, just had 2 teammates barely off 100, one was pure noob garbage making bad pushes while the other knew how to play and did well.

Message 3 of 5 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ThiccccQuava I doubt they will ever publicly tell us how it works. Not because they don't want too, but because so many people try to find ways around it. If they make any information about how SBMM works, you can bet people will try to use that information to abuse it and/or get around it.

I personally don't mind SBMM. The only frustration I have with it, is when I want to game with my low skill friends. They really really struggle in my lobbies. I personally don't mind losing fights, but it's hard to get them to play more than a few matches with me. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (161 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ThiccccQuava They actually use EBMM, not SBMM. Engagement based matchmaking. More you win, harder enemies you get, you lose lot - you get bots. Google for details, dont know much about that
Message 5 of 5 (140 Views)