Will PC players actually be the ones suffering most from crossplay?

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Re: Will PC players actually be the ones suffering most from crossplay?

★★★★ Pro
@TTZ_Dipsy How exactly is Ripple planning to handle opting-out? From your last post, it doesn't sound good, at the moment.
Message 21 of 47 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TTZ_Dipsy I find this equivilance of AA, especially in Battlefield, with aimbot quite bizarre.

Apart from early days BF1 with sweet spot rifles, AA has never been at any sort of 'aimbot' levels and as you say, many have one or both elements turned off.

So to use as justification for M&KB use on console is a tad disingenuous.

I do think there is a sense that PC players believe they are naturally 'better' than us peasants and in that way, may be in for a rude awakening.
Message 22 of 47 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ChugKendall
PS4 + Xbox One (I'm assuming with the option to opt-out)

PS5 + XBSs/x + PC -- There won't be console only cross-play at launch (if at all), so if anyone decides to opt-out, you can only play against your own console

No current cross-gen plans (PS4 and PS5 playing together for example) but I'm assuming next-gen consoles can just load up the last-gen version and play with their friends that way.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 23 of 47 (293 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TTZ_Dipsy So after everything that has been said by console players on these boards, about not wanting to crossplay with PC, they are making it so that current-gen consoles can't opt-out of it? Unbelievable! That's a deal-breaker, for me. Thanks for the info.
Message 24 of 47 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ChugKendall No, he means that either you crossplay with ALL platforms or opt out and just play with your own. There is no console only crossplay option.
Message 25 of 47 (261 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Trokey66 Okay, that's a little better, but having just a console option would be the best.
Message 26 of 47 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ChugKendall Oh, I agree!
Message 27 of 47 (255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Trokey66@ChugKendall There is no third option for now. I strongly suspect EA DICE are still investigating the third option through testing.

They are required to have "on" of "off" options for cross-play in order to obtain specific publishing certification(s).

Message 28 of 47 (238 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even without the cheating problem that plagues pc , most console players will get smoked by pc.. will there be any real issues affecting pc players from console? The short answer is no

Message 29 of 47 (231 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

And as if by magic....... 

Message 30 of 47 (223 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help