Will I be able to turn of cross play when it comes to Apex?

by INFMAN11B

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I be able to turn of cross play when it comes to Apex?

★★★ Newbie

I am console player and have no desire to play with other players other than the console I'm on.  I stopped playing warzone because I could not turn off cross play on XBOX.  

Message 1 of 5 (1,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will I be able to turn of cross play when it comes to Apex?

Champion (Retired)

Hi @INFMAN11B 

Whilst nobody knows if they will implement a setting to turn off cross-play in-game or not there is another way you can stop cross-play by changing settings on your Xbox.

If you turn off cross-play using your Xbox settings just be aware that it will turn off cross-play for ALL your games (This might help you play Warzone too).

On your Xbox go to Settings>Account>Privacy & Online Safety>Xbox Live Privacy>View Details & Customize>Communication & Multiplayer, and in the section that says You can play with people outside Xbox Live, change it to Block. This will stop cross-play for all games.

I hope that helps Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,277 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @INFMAN11B 

Whilst nobody knows if they will implement a setting to turn off cross-play in-game or not there is another way you can stop cross-play by changing settings on your Xbox.

If you turn off cross-play using your Xbox settings just be aware that it will turn off cross-play for ALL your games (This might help you play Warzone too).

On your Xbox go to Settings>Account>Privacy & Online Safety>Xbox Live Privacy>View Details & Customize>Communication & Multiplayer, and in the section that says You can play with people outside Xbox Live, change it to Block. This will stop cross-play for all games.

I hope that helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (1,278 Views)

@INFMAN11B We don't know what it's going to look like yet. All we know is that it's coming sometime this fall.

@CarbonCarl gave some great advice.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,202 Views)

★ Guide

do you really want to play against the total trash that is PC?

Message 4 of 5 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide

75% of the players are running hacks and cheats on PC. Reports do nothing, they just keep playing day after day. If I were you I would NEVER cross play with PC's

Message 5 of 5 (1,096 Views)