Re: Will EA/Respawn do anything about people leaving early???

by Payne-TK

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The key of violation of leaving early is 2 consecutive times bailing out under 5 min.

You can bailout first time for any reason (you think your teammate dumb/selfish/incapable/solo, your mom/dad ask you to eat/sleep/stop-playing, you need to poop/pee, your kid/wife ask for cuddle-time/daddy time, etc) but you can't bailout the second time (consecutively), you have to stick in the game.

If you stick on next game until your squad eliminated (not bailout), you can bailout again on your 3rd game.

Example of violation:

1. Bailout (no problem).

2. Bailout (violation).

Example of non-violation:

1. Bailout (no problem).

2. Stick

3. Bailout (no problem).

4. Stick

5. Bailout (no problem).

In another world, you've one free bailout card so use it wisely.

This way, this will reduce the bailout percentage by 50%.

Well, you might say this's not good enough:

To enhance it, the players can't bailout > 50% of time, so above could be considered as violation since out of 5 game he play today, he bailout 3 times (60%).

Example of violation:

1. Bailout (no problem).

2. Stick

3. Bailout (no problem).

4. Stick

5. Bailout (violation).

Message 11 of 23 (435 Views)

★ Apprentice

Personally i do think people leaving 'early' is a problem(people who leave when knocked or die but can be respawned). it keeps you or your friends from winning an otherwise 'easy' game when u have to try to compensate for a numbers difference where its 3v2 or 3v1 due to a lack of patience.  HOWEVER, im not so sure punishing players for this behavior is the way to go. INSTEAD DO THIS: 

implement a in-game matchmaking system so that u can matchmake or invite a someone into the game where they can fill the gaps in the teams. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. ONLY let this player come in to the game through respawning, they cannot just join in the game fully kitted or anything. they must be called in via re-spawn beacon the same way a dead person comes back.any gear they get from then on in is theirs and the match continues as planned. i dont believe this to be game breaking since the only time to do this would be towards the beginning of the game where there's alot of unused beacons around. but by the time ur in Round 3 or even 4? there only 1 beacon no matter where the ring may close in on. so the late game potential null. 

Thoughts? Opinions? cuz im not trying to alientate the whole community by issuing out 'Punishments' 

Message 12 of 23 (412 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Want leave penalty ? Do these things first before even think about leave penalty:

- Fix random crashes
- Implement "Reconnect" feature. People can even forget about crash if they're able to reconnect back.
Message 13 of 23 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I love joinging with a 2 man premade and watch them run off while I am looting only for me to get jumped by a squad of three, yea I should get penalized for leaving that match.  Or better yet, only one person joins the que during matchmaking so you are already down a man, then you join the game and it is laggy as balls, yup we should be punished for leaving that too.  Makes sense.

Message 14 of 23 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The best implementation for a leaver penality is to let you leave the game at any time as long as you are not dead. If you are knocked down you must wait until you get revived or someone picks up your banner before timer expires else you get a 5-10 min leaver penality. Once someone picks up your banner they have ~120 seconds to ressurect you or else you can leave without penality.

Message 15 of 23 (369 Views)

★★ Pro

To be balanced, if you can't join mid-game, you can't leave mid-game. I think that's fair. Why should I have to 2v3 or 1v3 because someone wants to leave early for more kills? The least offensive option is to make that game not count towards stats. Then people can leave all they want if they want to pout about their teammates... Their games just won't count. 

Message 16 of 23 (356 Views)

★★ Guide
I leave early because randoms don't drop together, loot miles away from the team and would rather loot boxes than pick me or my banner up.

Wouldn't have this problem if there was a solo mode.
Message 17 of 23 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Agree, simplest implementation is to discard their stats if they bail out early (under 5 min of the game).

Straight forward in explanation and implementation, set all stats to 0. 

No more stats farming.

Message 18 of 23 (326 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Paneross wrote:
I leave early because randoms don't drop together, loot miles away from the team and would rather loot boxes than pick me or my banner up.

Wouldn't have this problem if there was a solo mode.

Well just make some friends then. Raised eyebrow

If you really are incapable of playing with other people then what's the point of playing online multiplayer games?

Message 19 of 23 (321 Views)

★★ Pro

It sucks when the only two options are hot drop and die with your team or 2/3 teammates drop together and one person dies and leaves... There's got to be a better system. I hardly ever finish a game with three people anymore. They leave as soon as they're down. 

Message 20 of 23 (319 Views)