Will BF2042 have SEA server or Singapore server as the center for SEA players?

by kookiex7

Original Post

Will BF2042 have SEA server or Singapore server as the center for SEA players?

★★★ Newbie

I need to know this before buying the game because playing on ASIA/Japan server on 80+ ping does not felt good, even worse in Oceania server

Message 1 of 3 (4,328 Views)

Re: Will BF2042 have SEA server or Singapore server as the center for SEA player

★★★★★ Expert

@kookiex7 wrote:

I need to know this before buying the game because playing on ASIA/Japan server on 80+ ping does not felt good, even worse in Oceania server

Though I fully understand your desire, I would think that a demand that all players globally should have local EA servers to ensure a latency below 80 milli seconds for their BF2042 gaming  is probably a bit too tough?  Though ideal yes, but we also ned to have enough players in proximity to make it viable.  Less even so, both practical and profitable for the company to support it... 

Let's try and ask the community for what the max latency they consider still being acceptable to play a MP FPS game on?

Personally I start to notice 'the challenges' to appear around 120-140ms, while 180ms is the hard stop for me I think.  Anything above that should not be in a FPS MP game.

Message 2 of 3 (4,305 Views)

Re: Will BF2042 have SEA server or Singapore server as the center for SEA player

★ Pro
@kookiex7 understand the biggest issue playing in Japan is not so much the distance it is we get small packets of data compared to the locals. So we have non smooth play. The majority of most Oceania servers are as far away as Europe.
Message 3 of 3 (4,283 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help