Will APEX LEGENDS be available for the PS5 at launch?

by BrazenAttempt

Original Post

Will APEX LEGENDS be available for the PS5 at launch?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My desire to purchase a PS5 directly correlates to Apex Legends being available for download and gameplay at launch. We are two weeks away from launch. A simple yes or no answer will suffice. I don't need to know any particulars beyond that. 

Message 1 of 14 (750 Views)

Re: Will APEX LEGENDS be available for the PS5 at launch?

Champion
@BrazenAttempt With no information I would say we assume they wont have a ps5 version on release.
Message 2 of 14 (741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@BrazenAttemptApex is not labelled as one of the 10-15 non backwards compatible games so I’m 99% certain it’s a yes , but it will just be the PS4 version, they’re not gonna bother making an upscaled ps5 version or anything .

Edit - there won’t be a ps5 version on launch but I’m almost certain the PS4 version will be readily available to play from day one 

Message 3 of 14 (737 Views)

Champion
@MassiveVernon Why wouldnt they push out an upscale version soon after release? The game has a 10 year plan. Without having a new console version that plan will die quickly.
Message 4 of 14 (735 Views)

★★ Pro
@hayhor I should edit- I meant no ps5 version on console launch , I’m sure they will get round to it eventually tho
Message 5 of 14 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As a massive console player (I look like Arnold as he did in his 20’s/30’s... LOLZ just kidding) I will layeth the smackdown truth as @MassiveVernon so graciously did.

Heed my message: There will be NO, (spelled ‘en’ & ‘oh’ put together) PS5 launch for Apex. It might (as in ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ but with a different meaning) get updated visuals/game performance. Heck I’m almost sure it will in the future. Maybe at PS5 launch or maybe later. But they cant keep relying on old hardware specs/performances if they want to remain a big BR player. So no PS5 version (as that’ll likely alienate the console community) but updated visuals and such so that it’s still considered ‘equal ground’. 

What will happen tho is backwards compatibility, abbreviated as BC (not to be confused with Before Christ’s BC abbrev). There are 10 ps4 games that will not run on the PS5 which are listed here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/ps4-games-not-compatible-ps5-list/amp/. All other PS4 games will run on the ps5 but may encounter some bugs that need taken care of. So your amount will be the same and with HDR built-in the console itself, Apex might even look a lil better.

That said, you can use both PS4 or PS5 controller to play PS4 games BUT were Apex to launch an actual PS5 Apex, you will likely not be able to play with PS4 controller.

Message 6 of 14 (722 Views)

★★★ Pro

@BrazenAttempt Well yes, but actually no.

Message 7 of 14 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Koochi-QI disagree. A better performing higher framerate version will come. It might be 2021 and the poor old console players will whine they have a disadvantage but with their supposed long-term plan there is no way they do not release an updated version.

Also take note of what they said about controllers.....
If playing a ps4 game on ps5 you will likely want a ps4 controller because ps5 controllers have some changes, including changes in the triggers.

Message 8 of 14 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Are you willing to make a wager? 😈 NOT in 2020 or 2021 will they make Apex higher performing in framerate that’ll only benefit PS5 or Xbox Series S/X.

You say yes, I say nope.
Message 9 of 14 (677 Views)

★★★ Novice

Interesting. Thanks

Message 10 of 14 (608 Views)