Re: Why the game doesnt let us spectate the guy that killed us??

by Anaxim_0

Original Post

Why the game doesnt let us spectate the guy that killed us??

★★★★ Apprentice

It spectates the guy that did the last hit at the squad(I think). But in all other first person shooters you spectate the guy that killed you.Not the guy that killed your team.

It makes no sense. 

"Wow that guy that did the last hit must be great!! Forget the guy that killed me"

(if it spectates the guy that did the last hit when you were downed, then its even more stupid)

Message 1 of 10 (3,500 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Anaxim_0, I think you spectate the player who killed you unless he himself has been killed in which case you go to the next enemy. Although, I'm not entirely sure in what order enemies are spectated.

Message 2 of 10 (3,469 Views)

★ Pro

All of your squad get to spectate the same squad, so that being the squad that killed your last surviving teammate makes perfect sense. It would be weird otherwise. I don't know what other games you're talking, but it's the same in pubg at least (it does have a killcam on top of that, this game doesn't).

Message 3 of 10 (3,455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Biochemikas

"All of your squad get to spectate the same squad, so that being the squad that killed your last surviving teammate makes perfect sense."

For me it makes no sense at all. I'm 100% sure, that in every game ever made, the killcams and spectating the people that killed you is only there for locating suspicious play(hackers).

So it makes no sense at all if you cant watch the guy that killed you. There is no point to spectate anyone else, other than the guy that killed you.

Actually, its so serious that I believe that its made to cover up suspicious plays, so people cant have the full picture about hacking.

Spectating is not for watching the match, its for locating cheaters. In all games.

Message 4 of 10 (3,399 Views)

★★★★ Guide

OP. it's like that because if you die before your sqaud mates , you go to spectating your alive sqaud mates and not the enemy player who killed you. if the person who killed you, kills the last surviving member of your sqaud then you get to see him. otherwise you get to spectate who ever killed the last surviving member of your sqaud. because otherwise you'd rat out your killers  position to your sqaud, and that's not fair because it would happen to you every time you killed someone. now at this point don't know if it allows you to switch thru enemy sqauds when you're all dead. I never tried. 

Message 5 of 10 (3,392 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Anaxim_0 

No battle royal works that way but you sound like a flat earthier 

Message 6 of 10 (3,379 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't matter if its a battle royal, 99% of the time you spectate someone only if he looked suspicious.

And of course I don't mean to spectate the guy that killed you before your squad dies. You should be able to spectate him after your squad dies.

Guys thanks for the replies. But as I said this is too serious and its very worrying that people don't complain about it. It looks like people are oblivious to what is happening in first person shooters(about cheating I mean)

Message 7 of 10 (3,339 Views)

★ Novice

I agree.. If I don't die last (in my squad) I'll get to spectate the guy that kills the last member of my team (regardless if the killer is from another team or not) which is utter BS

Message 8 of 10 (3,123 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is an old tread but I just got killed and then my duo partner died. He got to watch the squad that killed us, I got put on a random squad I’ve never encountered before. Why apex won’t let me watch the squad that killed me occasionally makes no sense. EA please work harder to patch issues so apex doesn’t end up like titanfall. We all know how that worked out for us Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (1,570 Views)

★ Novice
@Biochemikas What about when your squad geting smashed by another squad and you get to spectate another squad from the other corner of the map? Distanced soo much it s imposible one of them to get even a touch on your squad!
Message 10 of 10 (1,336 Views)