Re: Why the AI Soldiers coming back are great and should also be in every future

by FeatherTickles

Original Post

Re: Why the AI Soldiers coming back are great and should also be in every future

★★ Expert

i mean the last time i went on a flank and counted up how many of them were AI, i was pretty bumbed out. from 10ish kills at least 7 were AI. it felt cheap and uneraned. if you enjoy AI in your game good for you but i do enjoy it more if there is something human in the engagements, given DICE worked hard to make the game as unenjoyable with wall-hack abilities and auto turrets that kill you in less then one second if the "human" in question is prone behind it using it as a one was shield with his PKB ...
well 2042 is what it is and will stay as it is for the most part.

Message 31 of 45 (593 Views)

★ Guide

even Battlefield 2 has much better Ai then Battlefield 2042

Message 32 of 45 (551 Views)

★ Guide
@Jesse165 This didn't age well
Message 33 of 45 (516 Views)

★ Pro

At least the bots don't seem to be afraid to go into the objective capture/defend area with the vehicles like most of the human players are. 

Message 34 of 45 (491 Views)

To each their own but I personally don't enjoy playing against bots. In Hazard Zone they just spawn in out of nowhere in designated areas like clockwork and they always commandeer your vehicles in CQ/BT; They aren't completely braindead so that is good, but we are still a little ways away from this being the knockout feature everyone wants

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 35 of 45 (466 Views)

★ Guide

Lol what’s the point, these 🤡s have been half assing bots since 2015. In battlefront 2015, bots could only do walker assault and fighter squadron on the vanilla maps, no dlc and no progression. It’s hilarious because that game is completely dead now and could actually have benefited from real bot support. In battlefront 2 (2017) there was limited progression, and bots could once again only do a select few modes, and many vehicles were locked out of arcade such as At At, LAAT gunships, n1 naboo fighters, crait speeders and U wings. Bf1 and bf5 had those mediocre scripted campaigns, and bf2042 doesn’t even let you play with 119 bots, or have a simple plane/jet AI. For 7 years DICE has dropped the ball regarding PvE and you should have absolutely 0 faith in them improving bots.

Message 36 of 45 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Jesse165 wrote:

While some Campaign stories can get interesting the truth is that they will never have the replayability we will get from being able to play full 128 player matches with AI Bots. That is why I will choose Bot Matches instead of a Campaign every single time. And it's also why I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition and have no regrets so far. (I consider the bigger price a donation in support of them adding back Full Bot Matches on Conquest and Breakthrough)

In some of the previous posts I have seen some people say that having AI Bots in the game is a bad thing because "Having that Battlefield Moment against bots is not as good as against real people."

But the truth is that if you were having fun the second that it happened does it truly matter if it was against bots or not? The only correct answer is NO.

While I can understand why it's more fun to outsmart real people like that, I don't think it is something that will make or break the game considering the true reasons that they added the AI Bots to Battlefield 2042.

In Battlefield 2042 we will be able to play Conquest and Breakthrough matches on all the Maps (including DLC maps) just like we could in the first few games of the series which were Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142.

Those games were what I still consider the best games of the series and so far none of the games after that were really as good those original games (except maybe the Bad Company Campaigns because of how great the characters are in the story).

Sure the graphics may have gotten a bit better along with all the destruction improvements but the ability to play with bots in offline matches was good enough to where it should have never been taken out at all !

Right now it is very hard to find full matches in Battlefield 3 and 4 in the maps I want to play such as Bandar Desert (What I consider one of my favorite maps in the entire series! And Hourglass seems like it will be similar to it in various ways.) But when there are No Full Matches At All it makes that part of the game Completely Unplayable !!!

The bots are not only good for helping new people learn how to play better on the multiplayer modes and maps but also helps for when there is a severe lack of players which is exactly why they will be filling empty slots on Official Servers in Battlefield 2042.

Now the other complaint is that some people still want to play PVP only which I can agree with since it's their personal choice to play that way.

My bet is that people will still be able to create Custom Servers choosing the Maps and Modes along with certain game settings and although it hasn't been 100% confirmed I am 100% sure that one of the options will be whether or not the bots fill empty slots in that server.

So in the end the PVP only servers should still exist for those that want them and people will get to choose whether or not they play on player created PVP servers or Official Servers with Bots until they are full (along with the Solo and Coop matches)

In the end it's a Win-Win for everyone no matter how you want to play and we can all play on Any Maps we want Whenever We Want To !!!

Message 37 of 45 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@AvocadoPabloAt this point I still stand by what I originally said.

However I agree that the AI we did end up getting are totally disappointing.

They need their "intelligence" upgraded by A LOT and they need to be able to use ALL vehicles good instead of just some of them. (We really need Plane/Jet AI )

That would at least fix most of my problems with it for now.

Message 38 of 45 (367 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@edgecrusherO0 Precisely.
Message 39 of 45 (342 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@FeatherTickles I hate to say it, but this guy's right. EA/DICE/Respawn just don't care about singleplayer/splitscreen/LAN offline bots.
Message 40 of 45 (335 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help