Re: Why the AI Soldiers coming back are great and should also be in every future

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

Why the AI Soldiers coming back are great and should also be in every future BF!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

While some Campaign stories can get interesting the truth is that they will never have the replayability we will get from being able to play full 128 player matches with AI Bots. That is why I will choose Bot Matches instead of a Campaign every single time. And it's also why I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition and have no regrets so far. (I consider the bigger price a donation in support of them adding back Full Bot Matches on Conquest and Breakthrough)

In some of the previous posts I have seen some people say that having AI Bots in the game is a bad thing because "Having that Battlefield Moment against bots is not as good as against real people."

But the truth is that if you were having fun the second that it happened does it truly matter if it was against bots or not? The only correct answer is NO.

While I can understand why it's more fun to outsmart real people like that, I don't think it is something that will make or break the game considering the true reasons that they added the AI Bots to Battlefield 2042.

In Battlefield 2042 we will be able to play Conquest and Breakthrough matches on all the Maps (including DLC maps) just like we could in the first few games of the series which were Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142.

Those games were what I still consider the best games of the series and so far none of the games after that were really as good those original games (except maybe the Bad Company Campaigns because of how great the characters are in the story).

Sure the graphics may have gotten a bit better along with all the destruction improvements but the ability to play with bots in offline matches was good enough to where it should have never been taken out at all !

Right now it is very hard to find full matches in Battlefield 3 and 4 in the maps I want to play such as Bandar Desert (What I consider one of my favorite maps in the entire series! And Hourglass seems like it will be similar to it in various ways.) But when there are No Full Matches At All it makes that part of the game Completely Unplayable !!!

The bots are not only good for helping new people learn how to play better on the multiplayer modes and maps but also helps for when there is a severe lack of players which is exactly why they will be filling empty slots on Official Servers in Battlefield 2042.

Now the other complaint is that some people still want to play PVP only which I can agree with since it's their personal choice to play that way.

My bet is that people will still be able to create Custom Servers choosing the Maps and Modes along with certain game settings and although it hasn't been 100% confirmed I am 100% sure that one of the options will be whether or not the bots fill empty slots in that server.

So in the end the PVP only servers should still exist for those that want them and people will get to choose whether or not they play on player created PVP servers or Official Servers with Bots until they are full (along with the Solo and Coop matches)

In the end it's a Win-Win for everyone no matter how you want to play and we can all play on Any Maps we want Whenever We Want To !!!

Message 1 of 45 (1,480 Views)

Re: Why the AI Soldiers coming back are great and should also be in every future

@Jesse165

Totally agree on most of those things man. Standard smile

Really loving to see Bots being there to be able to fill up matches if you just want to chill and enjoy some easier matches. Especially for like new players or noobs to get better, makes way more sense shooting easier (but real fighting) targets instead of the usual Test Range targets that barrely move.

Beside that, the solo campaign itself was never such a big thing for Battlefield for most people anyways since it's always all been about big multiplayer matches against others.

Really hyped for 2042!

Greets,

Trav

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 45 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jesse165 

@Jesse165 wrote:

But the truth is that if you were having fun the second that it happened does it truly matter if it was against bots or not? The only correct answer is NO.

I think you forget to realize that fun is different between each individual. What you like could be different to me and the next person/s. So your post is incorrect, the answer is YES.

The reason why I say it's YES, is because of the notion that if you put someone who doesn't like something in an environment they don't like, they won't ever have fun, they'll just keep disliking it.

For example, I don't like bots in FPS video games. I like to play with humans to tighten my hand & eye coordination, so that way I grow over time. I don't get that from bots. As much as a company tries, something is always predictable.

But also, I'm not a biased person, I'm glad that the feature is there for the players who want it, but I won't be forced to play something I don't like, I'll be perfectly happy playing something different.

Message 3 of 45 (1,450 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I don't think I know anyone that would play against bots or games with bots as filler.  The only time I would jump in a game with bots is to learn a vehicle or test weapons.  Once I got what I wanted in the short amount of time that would take I would never play it with bots again.

Message 4 of 45 (1,426 Views)

★ Expert
@GRiPSViGiL You may not, but a lot of people are like OP. In fact, DICE put an offline bot Conquest mode called Instant Action into Battlefront 2 specifically due to a high request for it.

Some people don't care. They aren't interested in stats or dealing with the general toxicity that too often happens in online shooters
Message 5 of 45 (1,411 Views)

★ Expert
@Jesse165 I'm also very much ok with bots being in BF2042. I personally, am not all that interested in playing full matches with them. But as a long time Star Wars Battlefront player, I can 100% say that it doesn't ruin the experience to have them mixed in with human players.

The original Star Wars Battlefront had bots mixed in with humans to pad out the numbers in the match since consoles couldn't do high player numbers back then.

DICE added bots to their Supremacy mode in Battlefront 2 since it's just a 40 man mode. Their testing showed that too many flags would be empty, so the bots show up to basically act as sentries and give players the sense they are actually playing a game lol

The co-op mode though? The bots could be very tough to beat, especially if you allow them to swarm an objective and don't aggressively take it.

Battlefront 2 had a variety of offline modes to play against bots, including Conquest known as Instant Action. Bot difficulty could be set as tough as you want it to be.

This is something a lot of people want these days, and it helps to pad out servers in regions that don't have many online players.
Message 6 of 45 (1,408 Views)

★ Pro
@Jesse165
I personally don't see the appeal of PvP Conbat, every time I go into it, I always come away feeling worse and worse about it. I'm moving away from Battlefield more and more, and moving into the Indie Project of Renegade-X. Since Renegade-X has PvE and supports 1 VS 16 Match Making, and has an internal console to allow Online Servers to go PvE. PvE is a lot more fun, as you're not hurting anyone's feelings, and everyone has fun regardless of Victory/Defeat.

Renegade-X has all that Vehicle fun you find in Battlefield, just there are no Jet's. If it had Jets, it wouldn't be Renegade-X. That said, if somebody made something similar to Renegade-X and that did have larger Maps and Jets, then I'd play that.

On the note of Battlefield 2042, if Bots are going to be a thing, we want to play in PvE Mode, not just have the Bots standing in as fillers. We want to be able to work together as Player Units against Bots, and not be fighting other Players. We want the challenge of going Tactical with just a few men against entire armies of bots 64+ Bots strong. With all the Vehicle Action we like and proper banter that goes with it. None of this making people feel bad because we might be better than they are, or being slated by some little kid that thinks he's/she's all that Jazz just because they got the drop on us by Jet-Ramming us to death.

We understand that there are going to be 8 Year Olds playing Battlefield 2042, it's going to happen. We just don't want any Tears because we play Tactically. Additionally, we don't want any words of anger over Cheaters that can't be bothered to play properly.

Players cheat less against Bots, than they do against other Players. As strange as that sounds, it's actually true oddly enough. This is my observation at least.

Last note about Bots, many of us are burning the Midnight Oil, so there isn't many Players Online. So having Bots would be nice.
Message 7 of 45 (1,402 Views)

★★★ Guide
@GENERALZOOL Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Battlefield isn't for you as it's a PVP game. I bet bots will not turn out as they hope and backtrack on it. You might just need to stick to SP games my dude.
Message 8 of 45 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Jesse165 wrote: My bet is that people will still be able to create Custom Servers choosing the Maps and Modes along with certain game settings and although it hasn't been 100% confirmed I am 100% sure that one of the options will be whether or not the bots fill empty slots in that server.

Unfortunately, matchmaking doesn't put players in custom servers, so they never fill up with players. BFV's custom servers were dead on arrival due to this issue.

The only way this is going to be a win-win for people who enjoy player vs player. Is if DICE builds a good matchmaking system which continually adds new players throughout the entire round. From the beginning of the round until the end of the round.

Based on what I've seen with BFV's matchmaking system, it will group a bunch of players together, start a new server instance in Amazon Cloud, and then connect all those players to the new server. Only adding players at the beginning of the round and not adding players mid-way through the round.

Hopefully the beta proves me wrong but based on DICE's matchmaking track record, I have serious doubts about that. And their use of bots to fill empty player slots says to me they're not confident in their matchmaking system either.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see in the beta test. 😌

Message 9 of 45 (1,374 Views)

★ Guide

Just let there be an option in the game, this way we're all happy.

Message 10 of 45 (1,372 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help