Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why start a stronghold at the end?

by chechoferreira

Original Post

Highlighted

Why start a stronghold at the end?

★★★ Novice

It’s annoying start a stronghold and the result is that’s you have join a sesión where you have to kill the bosss....

anyone knows that’s we like to farm not to kill a boss that’s just give you purple blueprints.,...

THE MATCHMAKING ITS ANOOYING....

Message 1 of 12 (274 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why start a stronghold at the end?

★ Guide

Matchmaking isn't the problem, it's that the boss drops junk and isn't worth the time spent. BW knows this, they just don't care enough to fix it  

Message 2 of 12 (257 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I dont mind. Easy weeklies. Glass is half full

Message 3 of 12 (251 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@NoirNine wrote:

Matchmaking isn't the problem, it's that the boss drops junk and isn't worth the time spent. BW knows this, they just don't care enough to fix it  

Isn't it just RNG? And isn't it fun to down a boss? Whether you get loot or not? 

Dropped bosses in WoW dozens and dozens of times with no good loot drops. Still went back for more because it was fun. 

Message 4 of 12 (237 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

"boss drops junk"

Boss has a guaranteed MW drop with the chests have not.

Lazy people leave before the boss fight because its too hard for them.

Message 5 of 12 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@sharkyh wrote:

"boss drops junk"

Boss has a guaranteed MW drop with the chests have not.

Lazy people leave before the boss fight because its too hard for them.

Yep. Been happening since the dawn of MMOs. "I'm not going to get a drop" = too hard for me. Been seeing that excuse for years. 

Message 6 of 12 (230 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

When the only upgrades available to you are legendaries then masterwork items are absolutely a waste of time, especially from a drawn out and boring fight like the Monitor. 

Message 7 of 12 (223 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Not really a big issue till you doing gm2 most groups doing gm1 either still need MW or doing it for daily. Gm2 however even in a full premade you start at boss over half the time. And players honestly not getting carried don't need those 2 to 4 MW the boss drops in gm 2 or 3. Give boss 8 loots with a decent chance at legendary fixes all the problems. Remove welfare MW it's useless anyway.

Message 8 of 12 (216 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I personally think that bosses should drop boss specific loot. Like vanity items and Legendary Unique/Set items that are based on the boss itself. The former could easily be done now, while the latter will take time since the developers would need to create those Boss related gear and components. 

Message 9 of 12 (207 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Because for "reasons"( I hate that excuse Ben Irving), Bioware decided to 'streamline' the match making process and not put in a que controlled by the player. Normal/good match making has a notice that says, "There is a match in progress, would you like to join?" If you decline it puts you in a que. Oh wait. An indy game called Vermintide and Vermintide 2 does that. But for 'reasons' a AAA game publisher and developer can not.

TLDR: Starting a mission can act like quickplay for 'reasons'.
Message 10 of 12 (187 Views)
Twitter Stream