Why solos will ruin this game (at least for me)

by Tanttaka1

Original Post

Why solos will ruin this game (at least for me)

★★★★★ Newbie

Never played a battle royale before, actually never played an online game before (and I have been playing videogames for more than 20 years).
And Apex legends is one of my favourite games so far.
The start was hard and now that I'm better what I enjoy most is being paired with lower levels that try to help you (even if they need help more than you) and strangers paired with you that teach you, or ask you for help.
I have learned so much at the beginning from more experienced gamers and winnings with 2 teammates that seemed impossible.

If Apex stops being a team game I will definitely stop playing and go back to RDR2 fishing and hunting by myself till the end of the world.

I already have a job, so no need to bee professional in Apex. 

Just play, enjoy and be happy on my days off.

Message 1 of 56 (987 Views)

Re: Why solos will ruin this game (at least for me)

★ Guide
Solos = campers
Message 2 of 56 (984 Views)

★★ Guide

"If apex stops being a team game". This is one of the several very weak and false arguments that i have seen against a solo mode for apex

I get what you're trying to say but it literally makes zero sense and completely falls apart. How does adding a solo mode in addition to squads stop apex from being a team game?

If you can answer that with a logical and reasonable response i will admit you're right. Unfortunately its impossible because adding solos does not stop the team aspect of the game. You simply go to squads for teamplay instead of playing solos

So how does adding a solo mode stop you from enjoying your team game with your learning from strangers etc? It doesnt. At all

Zero people are saying remove squads from the game and replace it with solos. If they did that then i agree it would stop apex from being a team game. But literally zero people have suggested that and i encourage you to find me one person that (seriously) has suggested it. 

If you (and other people) are going to argue against adding solos into the game, please come up with better reasons because this is simply too easy to shut down. Problems is, there are no strong logical arguments against adding solos so good luck with that

Message 3 of 56 (969 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So how exactly will adding more content ruin the game for you? There will still be squads mode when solos are added. It's not like they are removing squads, or forcing you to play solos. Getting kind of tired of these threads. Having fun in squads? Great, keep having fun, let others that like to play solo have fun, no need to make a thread about it.

Message 4 of 56 (971 Views)

★★ Guide

@unogobangbang wrote:
Solos = campers

So when they add solos into the game just keep playing squads. Whats the problem?

Message 5 of 56 (970 Views)

★ Guide
Campers
Message 6 of 56 (947 Views)

I think a two man squad game mode would work quite well.
I don't mind if solos are added, it's another game mode to play but there is a lot of things in the game that are going to be pointless in solo.

I can't see it hurting to add either of the above but I really want a new map to play as well.
Message 7 of 56 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's hard to survive as a team today, don't mention survive alone!

Nobody can assist, help flank, revive/heal, etc. The difficulty will increase significantly.

Since it's hard to survive in threesome battle, and the point is based how long you survive, so most players will just play hide and seek until ring close so small, they can't hide anymore.

In this case, many players will choose the toxic boys and they will set up so many traps inside the room, and it will be a big mess there, then people will start crying, the toxic is OP and we should limit them in the game.

Can you imagine the last ring full of toxic traps everywhere? Where you can't see, got slow down, got a grenade, and got slaughtered like a pig??

Message 8 of 56 (916 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Give me two man teams. Give me 5 man teams. Hell even put some PvE in there. As long as these modes don't influence changes that affect the standard 3-man, I can't see how someone would be so childish as to leave over it. Reality check; people can choose to like things you don't like.

Message 9 of 56 (907 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Answer for how solo will ruin game is map design. The current map is not large enough and does not have enough different places to land. Almost all places that are named are already hot drops every game. If instead of three teams landing in a place it will be 9 separate solos if you really want a game that is basses 100 percent on rng for the first thirty kills because that is what it will be. And then you will be on forums crying about loot and how loot has ruined the game and they will change the loot for solo which in turn will ruin squads. And don’t start with I wouldn’t cry about loot because the people on this thread wanting solo are the same ones that have started multiple threads about it and comment on it daily so you have already proven that you are those types of people

Message 10 of 56 (894 Views)