Re: Why solos will ruin this game (at least for me)

by neillkorey

Original Post

★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

Answer for how solo will ruin game is map design. The current map is not large enough and does not have enough different places to land. Almost all places that are named are already hot drops every game. If instead of three teams landing in a place it will be 9 separate solos if you really want a game that is basses 100 percent on rng for the first thirty kills because that is what it will be. And then you will be on forums crying about loot and how loot has ruined the game and they will change the loot for solo which in turn will ruin squads. And don’t start with I wouldn’t cry about loot because the people on this thread wanting solo are the same ones that have started multiple threads about it and comment on it daily so you have already proven that you are those types of people

This is your best argument against solos? Sad but ok ill tell you why you're wrong

You say the current map is not large enough and even if that were true (which its not) you admit its a problem in squads as well

So if your imaginary problem exists in solos and squads then that would not be an issue specific to solos that is introduced as a result of the mode therefore its an overall game problem. Not a real argument against solos

Not to mention that "almost all places that are named are already hot drops every game" is also not true. I can land in areas every game depending on the direction of the plane (especially places like slum lake or swamps) and either find no one or maybe one other team

And besides who says you have to land somewhere named? Plenty of other places to land with good loot where no one else will land either

The first kills when you land are based on rng regardless of what mode you're playing so that reason doesnt work either. Squads or solo doesnt matter you land and you get what you get

If they decide to change the loot it will affect both modes equally so theres nothing to cry about specifically in solos that doesnt apply to squads as well. Its a game issue not a mode issue

Its a battle royale im not going to complain because i dont get the best gear immediately upon landing

You are really reaching on these flimsy arguments to be against solo mode but i suppose thats what you have to do when you recognize there are no legitimate reasons for being against it. So go ahead make up some more stuff ill tell you why its wrong

Message 11 of 56 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Rather than taking away from others by saying solos can't be a thing maybe allow others to have their fun and just stay in the team modes.

The audacity of people to say functions of a game can't be added because they won't enjoy those functions when the game will still have functions they enjoy is incredible. Cause people can only have fun how you say.

Message 12 of 56 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide
If it is the case, how's about letting every single Apex player to have fun by adding all possible game mode?

- Solo mode
- Duo mode
- Squad mode
- 1 man squad mode
- 2 man squad mode
just saying
Message 13 of 56 (540 Views)

★ Guide
It is a team game according to Apex.
Message 14 of 56 (526 Views)

★★ Pro
do you really think all 50+mil players will solos all the time? no, i personally hate solo in every BR game, having a teammates is way more fun especially in Apex with the brilliant Ping System, so i don't even think solo will reach 30% of it's player base.
Message 15 of 56 (508 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

here what is sought is to match and face only groups of friends against groups of friends and random groups against random groups ... since groups of friends against random groups is a huge disadvantage for the random

Message 16 of 56 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I completely disagree that solos would not cause a problem how can you sit here and argue that 60 separate players would not be worse than 20 separate teams I just cannot understand that you really think this map could handle it but you want solo and you disregard ever single argument against it so keep bringing it up everyday and hopefully they still never add it is all I can say good day to you and keep believing that the game is the problem when it is you

Message 17 of 56 (488 Views)

★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

I completely disagree that solos would not cause a problem how can you sit here and argue that 60 separate players would not be worse than 20 separate teams I just cannot understand that you really think this map could handle it but you want solo and you disregard ever single argument against it so keep bringing it up everyday and hopefully they still never add it is all I can say good day to you and keep believing that the game is the problem when it is you

"Disregard" is the wrong word i would use the word destroy. How did i disregard your argument? I answered all your points and clearly explained why you are wrong. 

And now i will do so again since you are caught up on this 60 players issue. Its really very simple if you took a second to think about it.  Lets say 60 people is too many for solos, it might be i dont know for sure. You seriously cant think of an obvious solution for that?

I mean come on how difficult is it for respawn to set the solo max player count at 50 or 40 or whatever they end up deciding is the right number? Like that is such a pathetically weak argument because the solution is so simple, and quite honestly im shocked that you would make such a big deal out of nothing.

You would really want them to not add in solos due to a "problem" that can be solved so easily which is very sad in my opinion. Just admit the real reason is because you know you wont win any solo matches and therefore dont want anyone else to enjoy a mode you would get crushed in. That i could accept but this nonsense with the 60 players? Please. 

Once again i want to point out that you're grasping for straws here. Try to think of something better and ill destroy that too, not disregard but destroy. 

Message 18 of 56 (467 Views)

★★★ Guide

The team play of the game is good , but sometimes I just don't want to be a drag to my team or cooperate with a conceited idiot , then I will choose solo . It will depend by my mood .

No matter you like or not I like play hide and seek , it was fun to see a guy quit the game because we barely can't find each others Tongue out

How about random one man squad ? Most players in this mode will start solo and there will have some full teams to chasing those lone wolves .

Message 19 of 56 (446 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You disregard because your argument is opinion based there is no factual evidence for it which you just admitted. So now your answer is to make player cap at 40 but the biggest argument you are blowing off is the people that made the game call this a team game and they made it so they would know if it is a team game or not it is just your opinion that it should be a solo game but your going to disregard this argument with more opinions so no need to answer back good day

Message 20 of 56 (440 Views)