Re: Why not just play on PC? Because.....

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Why not just play on PC? Because.....

★★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I post in a game forum, PUBG, COD: Blackout, Apex Legends, Battlefield V, and soon Anthem, for them to add native keyboard and mouse support to consoles. I quickly get hundreds of hate reply’s saying “why don’t you just go play on PC if you want mouse and keyboard.” Well if you look at these forums and read how every other topic almost now is about hackers and cheaters on the PC version. Or do a google search on “Apex Legends hacks and cheats” which will fill your screen immediately. THERE IS YOUR ANSWER. I went to console to get away from the hacks and cheats of PC. And don’t take offense to it EA. All the previously mentioned games are flooded by cheaters also on their PC versions. So seriously, I truly believe the first game developer (besides Build a tower to win Fortnite) that adds native mouse and keyboard support to their console version and invites all the players that enjoy keyboard and mouse input over wonky analog thumb sticks to join a cheat free version of the game would get instantly flooded with converted PC players. I honestly don’t understand why Microsoft or Sony isn’t begging these game developers to take the leap. i Really hope Apex Legends takes that jump first! This would be an incredible game to play on console with mouse and keyboard!

Message 1 of 6 (442 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LtHitlis I never used a console in my life but there are hacks for consoles too (just search "Apex Legends USB Mods/Hacks Tutorial Aimbot + ESP | Xbox, PS4" and youll see.... cheaters always ruined online games since i can remember (and btw im 45YO, and playing FPS online since 95... ) sad but true and there a lot more in free to play games like Apex Legends.... sad but true mate "Cheaters gonna cheat" Frown
Message 2 of 6 (381 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LtHitlis lol it's actually bad.

Let's just put it this way: If they support native mouse/keyboard into the game, they will easily chase away the entire controller players from their own platform.

The number of controller users are alot more than K&M users on console, there are ppl never use mouse to play game before.
Message 3 of 6 (370 Views)

Champion

I would personally find this off putting.

I havent played a FPS on K+M since like whenever the first half life came out lol.

Never seen the point with consoles as i've already been provided a controller. I'm not against the idea as such but i'm certainly not gonna go out of my way to support it.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@LtHitlisI think you are way over exaggerating the cheaters on PC, which isn't too surprising since you actually have no idea and are just assuming. Yes there are cheaters, that much is obvious, but I rarely run into any of them. I've been playing this game since release and could count on one hand the amount of times I've encountered someone I thought was cheating.

However, I agree that native support should be brought to console. For those saying its unfair for the controller players, it wouldn't be if they do it the same way as Fortnite. Controller players get matched with other controller players, mouse and keyboard with others of the same. 

Message 5 of 6 (304 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SixthOTD actually cheating is not over exaggerated. Depend on which server you are on, cheating can be real bad in some regions, for example : Singapore, Japan.
Message 6 of 6 (282 Views)