Re: Why not add an option to cancel the finishing move!?

by asukojo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why not add an option to cancel the finishing move!?

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone.

so i think some of us have been in those situations before, like you go to kill a squad and then accidentally you go next to a knockdown player and press square and your legend start to do his finishing move and then surprise surprise his teammates shots you and you dead...because you can’t stop the finishing move from happening!!

i think that EA needs to think about adding a cancellation button for the finishing moves in Apex Legends...🙏🏼

What do you guys think about this??

thanks❤️ 

Message 1 of 9 (728 Views)

Accepted Solution

finishing move comes with a risk, cancelling kind of remove that feature. Different button for finishing move is a better solution I think.

Speaking of finishing move maybe you can cancel it if you have a golden armor? For now golden armor is almost useless. I want golden armor to be buffed so the finishing time is shorter or you can move around your camera freely while finishing.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (693 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@ToXp-
Do we need option to cancel finishing move?
Yes and no.

Finishing move is something you must do only if enemies are not close
+ you have cover from direction where enemies may show up
+ your teammates are close to cover your a$$ for a few seconds.
But even then it's risk, so...

Problem is that one key/button is used for many things and we still can't change key for finishing move (or even disable).

Message 2 of 9 (709 Views)

finishing move comes with a risk, cancelling kind of remove that feature. Different button for finishing move is a better solution I think.

Speaking of finishing move maybe you can cancel it if you have a golden armor? For now golden armor is almost useless. I want golden armor to be buffed so the finishing time is shorter or you can move around your camera freely while finishing.

Message 3 of 9 (694 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The only problem with a finishing move is it will only work if there are other opposing players alive. So there will most likely be others around if You try to pull this off. And if You have uncooperative teammates this will be hard to pul off. Not to mention a 3rd party or more can also ruin the opportunity. So a cancel button would be nice. Even if You do cancel you'll probably get gun down as soon as You do. Either way it would be a nice option. I mean in mortal combat You don't necessarily have to finish the output to not do Your finisher. I know it's comparing apples to oranges but the point is still there.

Message 4 of 9 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@lBreathTakingl They're going to change golden armor to Dynamic Armor, it start 50 shield and increase 25 shield everytime you get killed, up to 125 shield so total 100 + 125 = 225.

Which is better than purple (100 + 100 = 200).

Agree, cancelling should be an option, if you stop pressing, it cancelled.

But you can use this to troll enemies/nemesis,...imagine being finish multiple times, what trauma that could cause ? Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (523 Views)

★★ Pro
@lBreathTakingl what bothers me the most is that why we can't even re-bind the key.
Message 6 of 9 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo wrote:

@lBreathTakingl They're going to change golden armor to Dynamic Armor, it start 50 shield and increase 25 shield everytime you get killed, up to 125 shield so total 100 + 125 = 225.

But you can use this to troll enemies/nemesis,...imagine being finish multiple times, what trauma that could cause ? Standard smile

imagine doing this on the last squad with the guy who has self-revive, unlimited finisher ptsd lol

Message 7 of 9 (464 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@asukojo wrote:

I think it's called Evolving Armor. Imo, I think purple armor is still better. It could probably work in normal games, but for ranked, purple is a much better option.

Message 8 of 9 (449 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@lBreathTakinglStop the torture, Why you don't let me DIE ASAP, give me some respect/dignity please, let me die in honor, on my own term, drop lifeline package please !!

lifeline.PNG

Message 9 of 9 (412 Views)