Why new may patch destroyed everything

by Tristuu

Original Post

Why new may patch destroyed everything

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

When new BfN update came I was excited, "Maybe they will finally add new plant? Maybe new legendary upgrade?" But I will honest: they destroyed everything:

Brain masher 9000: Super brainz was really good at close range, his big health, big DPS and shield made his really good at close range fight but he is nothing at long range fight, and this makes sense, super brainz is close range character, but this new upgrade, this upgrade has got insane range, big dm (you need to charge 1,5 second to deal 125 dmg!). Super brainz is close range fighter with high DPS but this upgrade will make his medium-close range fighter with ability to get in fight really fast deal insane dmg, kill like three plants, and then run.
Way to balance: Make smaller range and dmg

AIs: At firs i thought tha AIs are good idea, if in lobby there are small amount of players they will help you. NO. AIs in multiplayer games are annoing because now if I want to play MULTIPLAYER it's really hard to find a match where 80% aren't bots, if I want to play with bots I would just go to PvE region, but bots in mp have aimbot and they can see you even when you are behind them, and once on ps4 in battle arena I was in match with 4 people on plants and 3 players and one bot in zombies, every team have got 3 points, I was only left as sunflower and space cadet, there was capture point and I was capturing it and this AI didn't even TRY to get in this circle, his stupid code just was saying something like "this sunflower must die in half second or we will lose, i woudn't try to get in this circle, maybe i would kill him from ten kilomethers" so I won, AIs somethimes are stoopid and somethimes they are able to delete your entire team.
Way to balance: Make 150 XP for killing an AI not 25, because now i have to farm XP in Giddy park with other players

New turf takeover map: It's bugged, the water is invisible, and I still don't know what i have to do to defende/winn with this weather button.
Way to fix this: Make water visible, flying sharks and boats aren't normall.

Splash dmg: Because splash doesn't go through walls gnome button near drill in mount steep is unpressable so I can't get last gnome and last medal.
Way to fix this: Make it pressable

Rainbow stars: I know they're no part of upgrade but I need to talk about them. If u want one cool costume (1000 stars one) you need to grind for 3 months (max stars per mounth 390[150 from price map 240 from weekly challenges]), they should just make that you can trade 10 bulbs for 20 rainbow stars, because in like two weeks I maxed out price map and now I can't do anything with bulbs, I know that these are just costumes but I don't want to pay 10 euro which in my country is 40 zlotys. For me 40 zlotys is just like 40 euro for you (In my country there is problem with games, because we get if someone gots 10 euro per hours i should get 40 zlotys per hours, NO), and I want this costumes but I don't want to grind 3 mounths.
Way to fix:You can trade ten price bulbs for twenty rainbow stars. Also there should be like twenty rainbow star bonus for getting to every grand master level. There should be costume for getting grand master 5 for character that you just mastered.

Ice plant: When we got leaked info about this character  abilities and primary (Germanshu) I trought that this character can be in June price map. NO. I don't know why. I don't want to wait for this character until october.
Way to fix this: Just make this character on idk july price map (with brain masher 9000)

Peashooter legendary upgrade: There is no upgrade for peashooter. It's in game files, unpublished, without sound efects and visual efects (thanks to Germanshu video)
Way to fix: When June path will come out, make that everyone with this green future cop costume will get this upgrade for free

PvZ BfN is like Jenga, they build new layer of features so they need to destroy other layer (multiplayer, gnomes, balance [steam blaster and super brainz upgrade are NOT balanced]) I agree with wolfy's truth about pvz video, Popcap destroyed most fun things in game (multiplayer, variants [I know they said something like "less variants, bigger balance" but in GW2 there was balance, of course some characters were busted but in BfN there are still busted characters (sunflower, super brainz, citron and scientist) and some little busted characters don't destroy game, I think character variants make us love GW series, because with variants you cannot just get bored, but now I even don't enjoy playing on plants. 

Please Pop Cap do something about it.

(Sorry for bad English)

Message 1 of 31 (947 Views)

Re: Why new may patch destroyed everything

★ Guide

That's not how that works, they can't add Iceberg Lettuce if they haven't even finished the character. The development for extra content is also slower because of the pandemic. You just have to be more patient. (Same goes for Peashooter upgrade, I doubt they will release it this month.) Super Brainz upgrade hasn't even released yet, it might go through balance before it releases, who knows. Also sunflower, Super Brainz, and Citron aren't busted, Scientist needs his warps to be nerfed, other than that, he is fine. The entire reason Steam Blaster is overpowered is cause of the warps.

Message 2 of 31 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

EN: @Tristuu Go to Ea team and be a dev and u'll see how bad it is. You do know coding is hard and this game has a billion of codes. Please be patient. 

PL: @Tristuu Przejdź do zespołu Ea i być deweloperem, a zobaczysz, jak źle jest. Wiesz, że kodowanie jest trudne i ta gra ma miliard kodów. Prosimy o cierpliwość.

Message 3 of 31 (891 Views)

★★ Guide

If anyone is wondering what I'm talking about in the second paragraph (one starting in PL) its because his currency was in a country I know.

Message 4 of 31 (886 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't read it all but yes I agree with everything.

Message 5 of 31 (851 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Own_Master_Mad_1 I know coding is hard, but Pop Cap is a game company, and i am a single person with no programming experience

Message 6 of 31 (844 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@ConewhizzSunflower's heal beam, and this ability that spawns suns are OP, killing sunflower is imposible, citron's got this pee shield with busted Hp scientist is deadly at close to mid range and super brainz when he will get close to you, you are so dead.

Message 7 of 31 (834 Views)

★★ Guide

Brain Masher 900:
They didnt officially show the upgrade yet, so complaining about balace is a bit weird and probably shouldnt be done,

as we dont even know if the final upgrade will fully play like this.

AI's:

The points brought up in the text are fine, but the way to balance section doesnt make sense at all.

What problem does increasing ai xp fix ?

Why do you have to play giddy

New turf map:

Yes fix the bug, what else should they do ?

Splash Dmg:

Yes fix the bug, what else should they do ?

Rainbow stars:

I actually agree with that and the conversion rate seems fine, the costume could be silver/gold skins for the character or something

Ice Plant:

They will release it when its done and there is nothing to release for the month.

Making them release it earlier is gonna cause more bugs

Peashooter Upgrade:

They will release it when it is done.

As seen in the leaks its not fully done and im fine with this month not having a Lu

Message 8 of 31 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TristuuWhy?! Why would you spoil upcoming content?! @EA_David This user needs to get banned and this topic needs to get taken down before any more users see this!

Message 9 of 31 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TristuuWhy would you talk about something that's not supposed to be released yet?? None of this should be on here and you deserve a ban!

Message 10 of 31 (795 Views)