Why make caustic so weak now and Wraith still having the advantage?

by Lobo_Krieger

Original Post

Why make caustic so weak now and Wraith still having the advantage?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Why only listen to streamers and pro players, but the largest amount of people that play are people like me, Caustic needs a buff, he is really slow after the last nerf and useless out of a building, is so big and no have an extra shield like Gibby. I mean He is slower now, the traps are easier to disable. I'm not talking about running, I'm talking about to set traps in a position. I was a caustic main, caustic it's difficult to use is not like wraith you press Q and you're safe, caustic need mind game and control of the area, but now I prefer to use octane because I can escape from bad situations. Why not nerf Wraith? the best character of the game, she has unfair hitboxes, so small and good animation to make it more difficult to hit her, but as she is the main of streamers and pro player doesn't matter. You are allowing yourself to be manipulated by players or people who do not care that the game is balanced, but that it remains easy for them.

Message 1 of 53 (870 Views)

Re: Why make caustic so weak now and Wraith still having the advantage?

★ Guide
@Lobo_Krieger As a fellow Caustic main, I would like to commiserate with you in your sentiments. Respawn promises on Caustic were not only broken but sabotaged.

They were supposed to make it where anyone could see through the gas and that was a lie. The gas was supposed to be buffed and cumulative damage was supposed to take after years of people just walking around in the gas like they're in a campfire about to make S'mores.

Now the answer to Caustic is making him worse. I fight against Caustics and their traps detonate if I even look at them funny but enemies can tap dance next to my traps and they just won't go off. I go to shoot to activate the gas and I inadvertently collapse the traps and just the opposite when I face against a Caustic.

Wraith has been needlessly nerfed over an over that all it did was make people scratch their heads as to why and what long term effect it will have on gameplay.

What is the big headscratcher for me is why in the hell does Gibby have so many OP buffs with little to mitigate them while characters that use tactics and strategy get the deck stacked against them?

Message 2 of 53 (860 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm not saying you're wrong but didn't caustic get a buff at the start of the season? 

He can take more damage and all legends move at the same speed. You can test this by having a race in the firing range with a friend. 

As an ex wraith main I can assure you she is not op. I had to abandon her completely after the nerf. That 1 secondary delay when she phases will get you killed every time. And all you need to do is follow the blue streak she leaves behind and start shooting at the end of it and it's game over, I have no problem killing wraiths. All things being equal she will lose a 1v1 against any legend with fortify. 

Message 3 of 53 (843 Views)

★ Expert

Caustic is fine. He is a really good legend but he needs a good coordination with the team to be effective. And also who uses him has to be very smart in placing traps and ults, remembering that these are not just offensive and defensive abilities. Try to look and some Master/predators lobbies and you'll see that he's still very solidly in the meta.

As for Wraith, i don't really know what people wants from her anymore, she basically got nerfed everything she has lol. 

P.S you do realize that they changed her running animation and she runs just like any other legend right? Tongue out

Message 4 of 53 (825 Views)

Champion
@Lobo_Krieger Because they have the loudest voice unfortunately. And as for sending the dev death threats it's ridiculous. I think I'd troll them if it were me. Death threats? Okay 5 sec cooldown on barrels xD

@CaptWrekAlyfe People still walk around in gas like it's nothing.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 53 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Sand_spitterBuff? He hasnt had a buff for multiple seasons. The last buff was probably when they made it so teammates were not slowed in the gas.

He has had a series of nerds since tho including-

Longer tactical time. People seem to forget he used to have a shorter time.
His barrels are now super easy to shoot down before deploying.
His barrels can no longer be thrown thrown tight windows.
Wattsons ultimate stops his barrels.
Opponents are no longer blinded in his gas.

Caustic used to be a counter to a wattson team. Because of the 3 items above he isnt. He was also very good if used aggressively. Again, because of the those items this is no longer the case.

Wraith is still favored over every other character because she is tiny. Yes you no longer can just run straight in and then get away but she still is the toughest legend to hit. And the sweats still play her mainly because of that. Plus she can reposition herself and her team without taking damage.

Pick rate and comp meta says it all. The claim is caustics pick rate went up after the announced buff. Well duh respawn wasnt that the point? I'm betting that goes back down now.

I'm still playing caustic and having fun. He just has to be used a little different now and good players know exactly how to deal with him.

Message 6 of 53 (791 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt I want to see top level teams not run wraith for once. Things would get more interesting.
Message 7 of 53 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I think quantum is speaking about the nerf-buff. Yes ppl no longer get blinded, but there was an increase in (begin)damage while in it if I’m not mistaken
Message 8 of 53 (772 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q I believe it was like 2 ticks? Or something stupid like that.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 53 (766 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GH0STEDbyME Yea could be that. I don’t remember the specifics ;(
Message 10 of 53 (764 Views)