Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why loot is not the answer and won't change anything

by FatalPrice

Original Post

Why loot is not the answer and won't change anything

★★★ Apprentice

I see a lot of people here moaning for loot.

I don't get it, why?

If I would work at Bioware I would be pleased if all that people want would be loot. This is the one thing you are never ever allowed to give to players easy.

If there are a lot people demaning loot then it would show to me that everything I do is right.

You want loot? Earn it by farming the hell out of the game. And don't even think that there is any chance that you can work to get what you want. It always have to be random so that you never can be sure about anything.

This wheel of disappointment and very very few moments of luck is the thing that keeps this game alive.

It is the only thing they have left. There is no story, there is no content, there is nothing to buy, there are no weapons, there is no armour etc.

I really want to ask: why should they give you loot?

If they would do it the few people left playing it would stop and never come back. You guys demanding loot are the proof that they did something very very right.

Why do people not talk about real content? Interesting fights, intelligent enemies adapting to your skills keeping you on your toes, storylines that make you love and care for the characters. A world that does not look the same.

I could name a million things that would be more important to this game. Loot is not the problem.

It is the lack of content.

Message 1 of 50 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

*strolls through the room, and casually throws a canary at the cage bars*

Message 2 of 50 (756 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

You never played Borderlands or Destiny did you?

I would write a whole rant about how wrong you are and supply facts as to why what your suggesting is just plain wrong, but it wont matter, people rarely change their mind once it's made up.

Maybe you will get more luck in /r/unpopularopinion/

Message 3 of 50 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@FatalPrice 

I played all 3 Diablos, years (not the "years" you think, I am talking about real years) of WOW, and every big RPG since the 90ies.

You wanna lecture me about loot? Good luck Standard smile

I know how loot works and I promise you I would do a better job with Anthem loot as they did. But to be honest that would not be a big thing Standard smile

But loot is not the problem. I know how addictive it is to run after loot. Loot is not the thing that really keeps you playing a game. Loot is important. But there have to be something "behind" the loot. If there is not then no loot will change this.

And there is no content behind the loot in Anthem.

Message 4 of 50 (736 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@BoosterTungsten wrote:

@FatalPrice 

I played all 3 Diablos, years (not the "years" you think, I am talking about real years) of WOW, and every big RPG since the 90ies.

You wanna lecture me about loot? Good luck Standard smile

I know how loot works and I promise you I would do a better job with Anthem loot as they did. But to be honest that would not be a big thing Standard smile

But loot is not the problem. I know how addictive it is to run after loot. Loot is not the thing that really keeps you playing a game. Loot is important. But there have to be something "behind" the loot. If there is not then no loot will change this.

And there is no content behind the loot in Anthem.

You want to know the main difference in the games you have played and this one, even including Diablo 3, the pure randomness of the inscriptions.  In most RPG's the stats on an item are the same every time you loot it, so you only need to loot it once.  You also knew where to go to farm certain loot, here it is 100% random, which is good and bad.  I personally have never played D3, but I have heard you could re-roll certain stats on the items making it so the randomness there isn't nearly as bad as here.  The thing is, with all the randomness going on, the pure number of items per javelin, it takes more loot dropping to make it worthwhile here.  That is what people are complaining about.

Message 5 of 50 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

*strolls back into the room and retrieves the lifeless canary*

I changed my mind. You are not worthy of this dead canary.

*strolls back out of the room again*

Message 6 of 50 (711 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Githil 

And I do NOT say that they aren't right about it. The lootsystem of Anthem is a joke.

The difference is to see what IS important and what is not.

The loot is NOT important cause if there is no content behind it a lootshower would kill the game even faster.

The problem they have is that if they would "fix" the loot then they would have won nothing. They would lose the few people who still play the game.

Loot is a problem in the game. A problem as "one of many problems". But it is not an important problem. And fixing it would do more harm as long as there is not enough real content behind it.

Message 7 of 50 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Did you really just try to gatekeep playing RPGs and understanding loot systems. Played them all my life just like you, I sunk way too much time into games like WoW, and Diablo, etc, just like many of us did. Your experience is not special, anecdotal, and does not further or reinforce your opinion in anyway, but keep thinking it does, it should become amusing soon.

I could literally write a five page essay on why your opinion is wrong and has helped drive the gaming industry into its current sad state, where many games are released unfinished, or even unplayable part of the time, yet they keep releasing games that way because you just need something new and you need it now, and they know you will throw your wallet at them anyway. Sad is just the best description of this honestly, just sad. Even I am guilty of buying a one year sub to EA Access in the hopes that one game published by EA might be good this year.

*grabs popcorn*

Message 8 of 50 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry folks the OP is right. Stingy loot is the symptom of the problem in this game. The real problem is the lack of things to do, and of course that is not easily fixed which is part of why we are seeing so little in terms of improvement patches. Turning up the loot faucet would be very easy as many have said. Why do you think Bioware has not done that? Because it would not even come close to fixing the larger problem which is the complete lack of things to do. That takes time.....

Message 9 of 50 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm a little sorry I listened to all the bad feedback and didn't buy Anthem earlier.  I buy it and find it's a pretty top game and with the promise of more content to come, I'm happy.

It's all to do with the foundation and from what I can see Anthem has one solid and interesting foundation.

Message 10 of 50 (660 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help