Why it is Respawn refuses to address the actual cause of third partying?

by Bean2kay9

Original Post

Why it is Respawn refuses to address the actual cause of third partying?

★★ Guide

they’re clearly aware of the issue, they even stated in the KC map update patch notes that changes were made to “ease third partying” 

if you really want to address third partying then all you have to do is reduce gun shot sounds, it’s been said time and time again by both casual and pro players, gunfire is too loud in this game, you can literally hear shots going off nearly halfway across the map 

If you simply addressed this then the game would start to feel like more like a battle royale experience where you drop in, loot and encounter squads randomly based on rotations and the ring moving in rather than currently where you can land in the middle of nowhere with no squads for miles, hear gun shots the other side of the map and immediately rush there along with 4 other squads. This is why games are over so quickly 

Message 1 of 59 (1,375 Views)

Re: Why it is Respawn refuses to address the actual cause of third partying?

★ Guide
@Bean2kay9 Sorry Respawn's probably thinks it's too boring...
Message 2 of 59 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Expert

Because, and hear me out, third partying is not a thing?

So, there are games without third partying and they are called things like Halo and have two side team games.  Or Fortnite, when playing 2 side team mode.

Battle Royals, however, are made exactly for this. They are not hallways with people looking at each other from either side.  They are not March Madness bracket games where you fight 1 team, then get a little rest, then fight another team.  They are bug, stupid free for all’s.  There is 3rd partying and 4th partying and 5th partying....maybe, 1 day in Kings Canyon or WE Fragment, everybody will drop on each other and there will finally be 20th partying.

Not to say you should like it but you’re going to have to look for a game with 2 sides.  Otherwise, enjoy it like a bunch of the rest of us do.  And when you hear the long range sound of pew pew guns firing, mount up and ride.

Message 3 of 59 (1,364 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 While I agree gun shots are a bit loud, this is a BR. Part of the skill in a BR is knowing when to engage and disengage from a fight.
Message 4 of 59 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Bean2kay9 they have this strange fetish of re-inventing the wheel instead of listening to their community. If something is done to gunshot audio, it's going to be pretty clunky and poorly implemented. I think the upper limit to hearing gunshots is 100-200 meters, which is occasionally frustrating for KC, but it's definitely infuriating on WE.

World's Edge! You'll fight one squad on drop, loot for 10 minutes encountering nobody, and then bam! The last 6 squads all at once!

Message 5 of 59 (1,354 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayhor I’m not saying remove third partying entirely, I understand that third partying is always going to happen in a battle royale. It would just be better if it happened naturally through squads randomly encountering each other or going to certain POI’s because they know it’s usually a hot drop. What’s annoying is when you shoot a few bullets and every squad within a 50 mile radius hears it and hones in on your location like a hungry pig sniffing for truffles

Random/ organic third parties I can deal with.
Getting 5th/6th/7th partied because of overly loud gunfire I can’t
Message 6 of 59 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Pro
@KelRiever And on that day with beacons lit comes the war of the twenty parties. Shields will be shattered, guns shall be emptied, meds shall be depleted. And on the dawn fragment will share the fate of skull town and piece will reign through out the land once again... until the disaster of third party valley on Olympus rears it ugly head
Message 7 of 59 (1,274 Views)

Champion
@Bean2kay9 Is it me or does mid game seem really weird right now? There will be 6 or 7 teams all ending up together, almost instantly. It is so weird.
Message 8 of 59 (1,223 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bean2kay9Third partying goes two ways. Some times it plays into your favor, sometimes it plays into the enemy favor. I have used third partying numerous times to get my dead and freshly respawned teammates loot late game. Me and my teammate will respawn our third, we look for a third opportunity and clean up. Sometimes we are the ones being third partied.

Plus is there anything more fun than surviving a 4th or 5th party attempt?

@hayhor Some mid games seem really odd. There seem to be some major flash/choke points that are happening mid to late game. I'm definitely seeing a lot of 5+ squad fights happening. It's pure chaos, 2 teams fighting on one side, 2 teams fighting on the other, the 5th is sitting there sniping at both stealing kills. I see that start to happen and I run.

I don't know if it's a bad thing. It's better than 5 squads left before round 2 starts closing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 59 (1,207 Views)

Hero
@Bean2kay9 Third party-fourth fifth and more have been about this game from day one. Its one the main things that keeps me coming back. Other shooters can be and at times are very boring and dull. With apex as soon as you fire that gun you have multiple teams pushing. This is what made apex to be apex.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 59 (1,202 Views)