Re: Why isn't the squad size the same as Dragon Age

by CasperTheLich

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why isn't the squad size the same as Dragon Age

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see why the squad limit wasn't increased to 4, seeing as Andromeda is heavily based on DA:I and it would make sense to make full use of the 4 seats the Nomad has (2 at the front and 2 at the back). Although the 2 squad members you can bring always appear to sit in the back two seats and apparantly nobody sits next to Ryder (based off the ambient dialogue in the Nomad)

Message 1 of 11 (1,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

@oynxdragon666

Maybe. But then, instead of having 2 useless AI beside you, you would have 3. I think, in this case, the less you are reminded of lacking AI, the better. ^_^ I have died/fallen in the abyss several times in this game when I was about to jump and one team mate crossed my path at the last instant or touched my slightly. Having one more around makes me wonder if they would simply start to block us from moving or even blinking.

I think everybody should go on missions and we all pile in and out of the Nomad like a clown car.

Just think of the glory that Pathfinders pathfinding down corridors will be. Better than any jumping puzzle - they'll have to award XP just for successful movement.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (1,183 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

it just wouldn't feel like mass effect if we had a third subordinate following us around.

Message 2 of 11 (1,220 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Because it's not a Dragon Age it's Mass Effect where we roll three deep in single player. Should we have lightsabers too?

Message 3 of 11 (1,197 Views)

Because it's always been 3.

/solved.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL why dragon age?  Why not baldurs gate where you have 6 of them running around? 

Message 5 of 11 (1,171 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@oynxdragon666

Maybe. But then, instead of having 2 useless AI beside you, you would have 3. I think, in this case, the less you are reminded of lacking AI, the better. ^_^ I have died/fallen in the abyss several times in this game when I was about to jump and one team mate crossed my path at the last instant or touched my slightly. Having one more around makes me wonder if they would simply start to block us from moving or even blinking.

Message 6 of 11 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

@oynxdragon666

I think everybody should go on missions and we all pile in and out of the Nomad like a clown car.

Just think of the glory that Pathfinders pathfinding down corridors will be. Better than any jumping puzzle - they'll have to award XP just for successful movement.

Message 7 of 11 (1,184 Views)

★ Guide

Better question is why you have to drag them along with you to begin with.  

An option to leave the squad slots empty would be wonderful.

Message 8 of 11 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

To be honest: The companions in Andromeda are not "simpatico".

I take Drack Heart and Vetra Heart , they are great, sometimes Jaal (if I have to). I don't know whitch other squad member I would take, if I could .... Would take the hamster or my monkey if I could and have to take a nother party member.

I play Mass Effect 1 right now and: THATS horrible! I want to take them ALL!

Message 9 of 11 (1,086 Views)

★ Pro

@Rappeldrache wrote:

To be honest: The companions in Andromeda are not "simpatico".

I take Drack Heart and Vetra Heart , they are great, sometimes Jaal (if I have to). I don't know whitch other squad member I would take, if I could .... Would take the hamster or my monkey if I could and have to take a nother party member.

I play Mass Effect 1 right now and: THATS horrible! I want to take them ALL!

I guess that's a matter of opinion. People always have different favourites, but I do like Drack and Peebee a lot. I didn't use most of ME1's companions.

Of course in DA:I, I didn't really like any of the companions except Varrick. I'm sure some people will think I'm crazy but that's where it was at for me. A couple I could tolerate, the rest I really disliked.

In the end though DA and ME are not just a Fantasy and SF variant of each other. I think it's good there are some specific differences between the game aside from the setting and tech level.

Message 10 of 11 (1,074 Views)