Re: Why is there still a minimum player count to start matches?

by dONt_bE_SAAAD

Original Post

Why is there still a minimum player count to start matches?

★★ Novice

Seriously, I really want to know who at DICE decided this would be a good idea; I mean, weren't bots supposed to circumvent this issue? For certain times of the day--even with Cross-Play on--it is literally impossible to find matches due to the match requiring a certain player threshold in order to start (as far as I am aware, the minimum number of players it takes to start a 128-player game mode is approximately 40 players, while the minimum number of players it takes to start a 64-player game mode is approximately 15 or 16 players; for Hazard Zone it requires all 32-players to be present in order to start); this is why some individuals will be stuck in a loading screen (where it shows any other squad members who may have joined), and then kicks you out if a couple of minutes have passed and the match has not truly started. On top of that, both All-Out Warfare and Hazard Zone are region locked; if one is from the East Coast region of the United States, they will only play with others (either on the same console or a different platform) that are from the East Coast (you will never be matched with players from the West Coast, Central Time Zone, or even other countries unless the party leader is from a different region, like if one was from the East Coast and the party leader was from Europe). At this point, DICE have either two options: either re-introduce full progression (Ribbons, Tier 1 progress, challenges, etc.) for the SOLO/COOP section of All-Out Warfare and player-produced Portal matches, or drastically lower the amount of players required to start a match even if it means that it takes only one player to start a match. If DICE do not do this (and of course, continue to make poor decisions that only drive the player-base away even further), then this game will quite literally end up like the failed "LawBreakers" game that--at the time of typing this message--has only a single person playing it.

Message 1 of 8 (560 Views)

★★★ Expert

I wish portal conquest would wait or add bots 

Message 2 of 8 (492 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@pinkfrequency Bots was a stupid decision from day one and probably the reason why stats are missing too. I don't play shooters to kill bots.
Message 3 of 8 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Player count has dropped to all time lows, and will probably get worse before DICE does something.

Perhaps a battle royale might turn the tide, then again it probably won't.

Possibly even free multiplayer wouldn't be enough. 

Oh wait there's Nintendo...go for it DICE, you've got nothing to lose.

Message 4 of 8 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@pinkfrequencyBecause god forbid people get more ahead by killing bots. EA wont tolerate any bypassing of future paid progression shortcuts

Message 5 of 8 (465 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Player count is not low at all. Most articles about player count comes from Steams player count and very few people bought the game on steam compared to Origin directly. I never buy games on Steam that requires 3rd party DRM like Origin, because then you have 2 launchers running; Longer load times, more background ressources used.

Rush mode is back. I get instant matches. Happy for now. Now we just need the battle pass and more modes/content + fixes for XP so you actually get XP for team work etc. Long range sniper kills. Killing of full squads.

I think the game will explode in terms of players when battle pass actually drops, and game is fixed. Most people who have played since release had nothing to do for a long time. Daily missions should be added too. Weeklies are done in 1-2 matches.

Add Rush to main menu, maybe add a 64 rush too.

Message 6 of 8 (418 Views)

I think the minimum number of humans is around 16 for Hazard Zone but I could be wrong - Nevertheless, I also find it rather taxing early morning/ late at night trying to find a particular match

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 7 of 8 (414 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@TTZ_Dipsy No wonder, this mode needs serious work to attract people. It is simply too boring and 50% are bots if not more. It was supposed to be a "hardcore" mode like battle royale but it's pretty much the easiest mode of all.
Message 8 of 8 (375 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help