Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

by shifter_6x

Original Post

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

@NoInstall 

I think you're just being excessively critical and impatient.

I'm far from impatient which goes to show that you don't know me so your opinion means nothing. If I am critical it is for a reason.

It is because the demos were a buggy mess and I along with numerous other people made Bioware aware of this.

The second demo came along and was just as bad and once again we told Bioware.

Bioware told us they have heard us and release will be much better ... FANTASTIC!! Just what you want to hear from a developer.

Release came and it may as well have been the demo's all over.

The issues kept happening.

By your logic are we supposed to sit Bioware on our knee, jiggle them up and down, pull funny faces and tell them it's alright?

@shifter_6x wrote:

@NoInstall 

The game hasn't even been out for 3 months and you sound so violently disappointed that it doesn't meet your arbitrary requirements for success.

Am I disappointed? Yep. I've already told you why which seems to be ignored because it doesn't fit into your line of thinking so I will simply say ... Ongoing, repetitive lack of quality from Bioware and for that I will give you an example. At one stage the armor/shield figures for MW and Legs were shown as being lower than Epic yet that was only just a visual bug ... Not the first time they have done such a thing but still it never should have happened. Did it stop me playing? No but it's an example of their poor quality.

Am I "violently disappointed"? No, your just making a Hollywood embellishment.

Believe me.... I would LOVE to agree with you, and not just you but @SofaJockeyUK (respect for you convictions dude) as well and numerous other people that support Bioware. Heck I've even said that I hope this gets turned around, I even said it in this very thread which I noticed you conveniently neglected to comment on.

@shifter_6x wrote:

@NoInstall 

Why do you feel the need to spread that toxic feeling to everyone else?

For the same reason you can come here, because I can, because the Community Managers say we can discuss a topic as long as we are civil.

@shifter_6x wrote:

@NoInstall 

Anthem is a Game as a Service title. That means it's not going to be perfect at launch and new features/content will be released gradually. There has already been a significant decline in issues since launch and it continues to improve with every patch. I'm sorry to break it to you (*sarcasm-filter activated*), but if you're looking for perfection at launch, then GaaS isn't for you. 

Do you think I'm stupid that I don't realise the nature of bugs in a game?? I've come across many in my decades of gaming, both off and online. I actually play other GaaS titles already which have not had anywhere near the issues I have encountered with Anthem so GaaS titles are actually for me.

Would I be critical towards them? Sure would be if time and time again they had such poor quality control but I'm not going to jump on anyones case the first time I encounter a recuring bug. Maybe the second though Wink

Message 51 of 58 (221 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@shifter_6x wrote:

@TheRealNichivo 

If you ignored this thread, why are you posting on it?

Oh, sorry... I forgot how important it is to make sure everyone knows what *you* are thinking... so much so that even though you thought it was obvious and that you *didn't* "desire" to explain the obvious reasons for the toxicity... you felt the need ("desire") to spell it out for everyone else... my mistake...

You may not have realized, but contradicting yourself so obviously tends to make your opinion irrelevant. 

I was responding to a mention. You know that is when someone mentions you, or directs a comment at you, by using @ then your name. Like this @shifter_6x.

I will give you credit though, you just made a perfect example, for why I was ignoring this thread. Good Job!  

Message 52 of 58 (200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Personally I like it loads, but after playing for hours, 2 x GM3 Strongholds and a pile of * for loot, then being booted to the intro screen.

Yeah I can see why people feel hate. 

#WhyBother 

Message 53 of 58 (176 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dude, I don't ever expect anything to be a flawless product. 

But when I got Assassin's Creed Unity? The buggiest glitchiest game in the series? I could still PLAY IT

when i got Halo MCC, the game that had the worst online errors and glitches in HISTORY! I could still enjoy the single player campaign pretty flawlessly.

I can't play Anthem period. Connection issues, server status, errors, pilot data... I've owned the game for 4 days and I've played a grand total of 90 minutes. This is absolute * for a AAA game. This isn't a matter of glitches or flaws. I can't PLAY the god damn videogame.

Those were really fun 90 minutes though. If I had bought RedDead2 I'd have been playing for 10 hours by now all together. 

Message 54 of 58 (169 Views)

★★ Guide

emm...

maybe.. bcouz of this .

post it * 

and .. 

run away !!!

bleh ;p

cheer 

Message 55 of 58 (158 Views)

★★★ Guide

@jessereznor wrote:

Dude, I don't ever expect anything to be a flawless product. 

But when I got Assassin's Creed Unity? The buggiest glitchiest game in the series? I could still PLAY IT

when i got Halo MCC, the game that had the worst online errors and glitches in HISTORY! I could still enjoy the single player campaign pretty flawlessly.

I can't play Anthem period. Connection issues, server status, errors, pilot data... I've owned the game for 4 days and I've played a grand total of 90 minutes. This is absolute * for a AAA game. This isn't a matter of glitches or flaws. I can't PLAY the god damn videogame.

Those were really fun 90 minutes though. If I had bought RedDead2 I'd have been playing for 10 hours by now all together. 

RDR2 is a great singlep layer experience but god the online sucks. What errors are you getting?

Message 56 of 58 (146 Views)

★★ Apprentice

when one of the main bellowing complaints of your game is the fundementals of a reward system, and its enourmouse lacking within it, which is all about numbers and percentages that with a few backspaces and type a new value in could fix in literally under 10 mins and 2 months down the line you still haven't figured out that....yeah people get very pissed off

and NO its not some huge thing that takes tons of time as they managed to have the loot working kinda nice that they deemed a "bug" and too much loot was dropping that was nerfed in under 2 hours....so reverse that and now you have a buff to loot that could fix your loot problem!!!    if it is some great complicated thing    best to buff loot  and then look at a better fix to apply later but nerfing it into the ground and then standing back for 2 months is, as you can see, the perfect way to kill your game.

Message 57 of 58 (120 Views)

★★ Pro

@shifter_6x wrote:

I have been reading a lot of the complaints about this game since launch and it's very disappointing that people are so overwhelmingly negative and toxic for no apparent reason. In a perfect world, every game would be released on time and have no bugs or glitches of any kind at any time... but this isn't a perfect world. It's not realistic to expect *any* game of *any* kind to work flawlessly.

I had been waiting for this game to come out since I first heard about it and find the game to be very promising. The general theme is very appealing to me and I love all of the potential this game has. Is the game perfect? No. Could the game be improved? Definitely. These are questions you can ask about any other game and have the same answer for. 

Rather than attacking the people that created the game and work to continuously improve it, it would be much more productive to utilize constructive criticism. Simply talk about what you don't like or don't agree with and then suggest a viable solution or at least mention the area you feel should be improved. None of us should be here reading and posting on the forums if we didn't like the vision of the game. If you feel you can contribute an idea that might improve Anthem, post it... just please refrain from toxic remarks. 

"No apparent reason"? I would suggest the only thing without apparent reason is your post claiming people are being negative for no apparent reason.

If people post within the rules of the forums then who are you to demand that they post in a way that you find suitable, way too arrogant.

Message 58 of 58 (110 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help