Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

by shifter_6x

Original Post

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

Kotaku is a garbage site..

Some like it, some don’t. But the article that came out about anthem’s development is a good read

Message 31 of 58 (165 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

Some like it, some don’t. But the article that came out about anthem’s development is a good read

Just because it's a good read doesnt mean it's accurate, fully correct or not bias. but what isn't any of those these days.

Message 32 of 58 (160 Views)

★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

Just because it's a good read doesnt mean it's accurate, fully correct or not bias. but what isn't any of those these days.

The article wasn’t about bashing anthem or biases. It was about finding out what happened during anthem’s development

Message 33 of 58 (144 Views)

@NoInstall wrote:

I'm curious, which parts of the E3 2017 trailer were not recorded in the game engine?

Perhaps as a Bioware employee you could tell us with certainty what was?

If it was then why can we not walk out of Fort Tarsis? why can we not see heards of creatures running through the jungle? why can we not see an Ursix (or other) fighting other creatures? where is the flak? why does my mortar not have an explosion like that? That Ranger ultimate why not? I WANT JARRA'S WRATH!! But it's a yellow so it will probably never drop.

I'm smelling render to sell the concept certainly not in game footage

Clearly I don't know the details either.

Some things were changed / no longer included, but I see no reason to believe that prototypes you mention weren't in the game (such as it was).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 34 of 58 (132 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Silversurferguy wrote:

You just don’t get it. We could explain in a hundred different ways and it won’t get through that thick skull of yours....

There's no need to be rude about. I'm simply not buying unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. Oops

Jason Schreier's articles are broadly credible, but some of the details appear exaggerated. There's clearly a valid story of a game with a difficult gestation, but I see the 2017 trailer as one that broadly showcases the game, noting that some things have since changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 35 of 58 (130 Views)

★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

There's no need to be rude about. I'm simply not buying unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. 

Jason Schreier's articles are broadly credible, but some of the details appear exaggerated. There's clearly a valid story of a game with a difficult gestation, but I see the 2017 trailer as one that broadly showcases the game, noting that some things have since changed.

Difficult gestation is an understatement. Do you understand how difficult and stressful a developer’s job can get? This game was horribly mismanaged. Lack of leadership, no clear vision, indecisiveness, teams pulled for other projects, anything that could’ve gone wrong went wrong. And pardon my rudeness, it’s one thing to defend a good game, but it’s different to defend bad games (or bad games that could’ve been great like anthem) and the malpractices behind them. That’s what annoys me. Call Jason’s article whatever you want, at least we know what happened behind the scenes. 

Message 36 of 58 (104 Views)

★★★ Guide

@RoninJed wrote:

Yeah I've never seen a game get so many negatives articles in such a short period of time. There is a hatred for Anthem like I've never seen before and I just dont get it at all. I saw a article ripping on anthem the other day when it pointed out how its already on sale for half price and how that shows it's a bad game. I remember seeing a guy on these forums about a week or two ago saying you never see AAA games going on sale this fast so it proves anthem is a total failure. He pointed out how much better the Division 2 is and that you wont see it on sale like anthem. Well I stumbled on to this article today... 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vg247.com/2019/05/15/days-gone-anth...

So does that mean the Division 2 is a failure too?..especially when it hasnt been out as long as anthem.

Not talking to myself just adding to what I said the other day hehe. Found this article today... 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/05/16/ubisoft-reveals-the-division-2-did-not-meet-sales-...

That's bad for being a sequel that should've learned from the first one huh.

Message 37 of 58 (95 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@NoInstall wrote:

I'm curious, which parts of the E3 2017 trailer were not recorded in the game engine?

Perhaps as a Bioware employee you could tell us with certainty what was?

If it was then why can we not walk out of Fort Tarsis? why can we not see heards of creatures running through the jungle? why can we not see an Ursix (or other) fighting other creatures? where is the flak? why does my mortar not have an explosion like that? That Ranger ultimate why not? I WANT JARRA'S WRATH!! But it's a yellow so it will probably never drop.

I'm smelling render to sell the concept certainly not in game footage

Clearly I don't know the details either.

Some things were changed / no longer included, but I see no reason to believe that prototypes you mention weren't in the game (such as it was).

Dude come on, the Frostbite engine has given all EA developers multiple headaches just to get their respective games running with any reliability.

Why is Jedi Fallen Order being made in Unreal 4, because Frostbite is a horse still being whipped after being pulled from the maceration tank.

Remember the instability of the two demos??? The damn demos couldn't even run for the length of time the E3 trailer did without any issues and what your trying to say the E3 trailer was that stable in a MUCH earlier build??

Not buying your reasoning dude!!

Message 38 of 58 (77 Views)

@Silversurferguy wrote:

it’s one thing to defend a good game, but it’s different to defend bad games (or bad games that could’ve been great like anthem) and the malpractices behind them. That’s what annoys me. Call Jason’s article whatever you want, at least we know what happened behind the scenes. 

It is a good game, it being 'bad' is entirely your opinion. I see no malpractice, I do see some bad launch bugs and some poor planning. And no, we don't know what happened behind the scenes, we merely have an indication.

It's well worth not taking everything you read on the internet at face value.

Message 39 of 58 (69 Views)

@NoInstall wrote:

Remember the instability of the two demos??? The damn demos couldn't even run for the length of time the E3 trailer did without any issues and what your trying to say the E3 trailer was that stable in a MUCH earlier build??

Not buying your reasoning dude!!

The trailer will have been recorded in-studio without the internet to deal with (connectivity being a primary reason for demo failures).

I don't doubt there will have been several attempts to record it.

That the game ran successfully for the length of the trailer is clear to see.

Message 40 of 58 (66 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help