Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

by shifter_6x
Reply

Original Post

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

 

For me, it’s definitely my favorite game of the year so far. The fun I’ve had with friends and building up my Ranger... the co-op battles, the guns, the flying... I love the gameplay and the controls. This game is an instant classic for me.


Pretty much this. Yes, it's now time for some more content and some work on loot balancing, but the core game is good.

 


 

 

 


@MrCrusteePants wrote:

Because they lied to us about what the game was....They told us at E3 that what they showed us was actual in game footage and it's not.... 


I keep reading this nonsense, what was it then? It wasn't a CGI animation.


There's stuff in this game that isn't created on a computer? What would that be? As for the E3 movie, it was heavily embellished with things that are not in the game and the graphics don't match up. That's to be expected, it was an advertisement and most of those 'stretch the truth' to get you to purchase the product. 

Message 21 of 58 (201 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★ Novice

Because this is the fyre festival of games right now. A promise of a fantastic unforgettable adventure and you get a horrifying terrible unforgettable adventure. The landscape is beautiful and fun can be had but nothing promised was provided and people are trying to escape off this sinking ship.

Message 22 of 58 (183 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can't... stop... playing Anthem. I really want to... but... can't.!

 

Standard smile

Message 23 of 58 (172 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

Just because you feel something isn't likely to happen doesn't mean you should discourage people from politely asking...

 

I read many complaints ranging from every conceivable issue with Anthem.

 


You should use the quote function, makes it easier for people to work out who your replying to.

 

I still doubt you have read a thing since you can't seem to understand why people are or were bagging on the game.

 

Reading many older threads will make it clear for you but have you noticed how a lot of those people who had issues with Anthem aren't posting anymore?  If those people never come back then it is Bioware's own fault for releasing a game that just wasn't ready.

 

Have you noticed that people are still posting issues? Granted you may be correct in respect to "some" people when you say issues aren't occurring as frequently but then again you don't speak for the people how still have issues but don't post about them or just give up.

 


@shifter_6x wrote:

My point was that I feel most of the issues with Anthem (including those you mentioned), aren't occurring as frequently as they used to. I don't personally experience many of these problems with any regularity. I still experience some of those issues occasionally, but not more than once or twice per day.

 


Maybe they aren't occurring as frequently for a lot of people and good for all of them but when there are games out there where you can play for hours on end and have a grand total of zero issues, especially connection issues, then isn't Bioware's frequency, even once or twice, just a tad too much??

 


@shifter_6x wrote:

The issues aren't game-breaking and have definitely been minimized compared to just after launch.  


Wrong, for some people the issues have been game breaking. If there were no issues there would be no complaints and people who have left Anthem would not have so for them it has been pretty game breaking.

 


@shifter_6x wrote:

 While there is still much work to do in order to improve Anthem, anyone can see that the frequency of issues has diminished dramatically from initial launch and continues to diminish with every patch. 


Correct there is much to do on that we both agree but the first two months after release should not have been as terrible for players as what it has been and speaking of frequency of issues you can't make that statement because you simply don't know if the remaining 42 players are having a smooth time of it ... right @TheRealNichivo 

 

As for patches, every patch Bioware has released has broken just as much as it fixed. Thing is there are people who expect more than this from any game developer and rightly so which is were more toxicity towards Bioware comes from, some of the patch issues would have been picked up if anyone at Bioware could do something as simple as proof read.

 

Plain and simple.. that's.. just.. tardy

 


@shifter_6x wrote:

There's no reason to be so overwhelmingly negative. You sound as if there's no hope, but the game is still new and improvements are steadily being made. 


Well there is when the quality has been as bad as it has been. Bioware and by extension EA brought it on themselves!!

 

Misinterpret what I say anyway you like, I really don't care, but I never specifically said that there is no hope just that I'm not seeing it, I would love to come back in a month or two and be pleasantly surprised, until then I will log in from time to time but hard core play again ... not yet.   Spend money in the cash shop again ... certainly not with the current level of content.

 

Improvements??? I'd just be happy to see the next patch, whenever that is, be free of further issues ... that for me would be a start, a small one but a start none the less.

Message 24 of 58 (150 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Guide

@NoInstall wrote:

Correct there is much to do on that we both agree but the first two months after release should not have been as terrible for players as what it has been and speaking of frequency of issues you can't make that statement because you simply don't know if the remaining 42 players are having a smooth time of it ... right @TheRealNichivo 

 

As for patches, every patch Bioware has released has broken just as much as it fixed. Thing is there are people who expect more than this from any game developer and rightly so which is were more toxicity towards Bioware comes from, some of the patch issues would have been picked up if anyone at Bioware could do something as simple as proof read.

 

Plain and simple.. that's.. just.. tardy

 

 


 I have not been active in this thread. I purposely ignored this thread. More specifically the question the thread asks.

 

I  have no problem understanding the toxicity being directed at Anthem, or those controlling Anthem. I have no desire to explain the obvious reasons for the toxicity, which stems from all the legitimate reason players have to be upset with those currently controlling Anthem. No matter what you do, some players will remain oblivious. Stranger still, some remain oblivious by choice.

Message 25 of 58 (137 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?


@MaireDevylin wrote:


There's stuff in this game that isn't created on a computer? What would that be? As for the E3 movie, it was heavily embellished with things that are not in the game and the graphics don't match up. That's to be expected, it was an advertisement and most of those 'stretch the truth' to get you to purchase the product. 


I'm curious, which parts of the E3 2017 trailer were not recorded in the game engine?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 26 of 58 (133 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@MaireDevylin wrote:


There's stuff in this game that isn't created on a computer? What would that be? As for the E3 movie, it was heavily embellished with things that are not in the game and the graphics don't match up. That's to be expected, it was an advertisement and most of those 'stretch the truth' to get you to purchase the product. 


I'm curious, which parts of the E3 2017 trailer were not recorded in the game engine?


Perhaps as a Bioware employee you could tell us with certainty what was?

 

If it was then why can we not walk out of Fort Tarsis? why can we not see heards of creatures running through the jungle? why can we not see an Ursix (or other) fighting other creatures? where is the flak? why does my mortar not have an explosion like that? That Ranger ultimate why not? I WANT JARRA'S WRATH!! But it's a yellow so it will probably never drop.

 

I'm smelling render to sell the concept certainly not in game footage

Message 27 of 58 (113 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Novice

Because the game is a steaming * with pretty bow on it, when it was presented to us as crown jewel on golden pedestal.

Message 28 of 58 (110 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

 

 

 


 

 

 


@MrCrusteePants wrote:

Because they lied to us about what the game was....They told us at E3 that what they showed us was actual in game footage and it's not.... 


I keep reading this nonsense, what was it then? It wasn't a CGI animation.


You just don’t get it. We could explain in a hundred different ways and it won’t get through that thick skull of yours. If you read the Kotaku article you’ll see where we are coming from. It exposes a lot about what went wrong in anthem’s development. That E3 trailer was a build; a version of anthem. But when they made the E3 build, they did not have an actual game built or even one in progress. They only had the E3 trailer build. That’s it. And what was shown was not what we got. Typical false advertising coupled with the fact that they didn’t have an actual product when they announced the game at E3 in 2017. That E3 trailer was all they had at the time. You get it now? 

Message 29 of 58 (96 Views)

Re: Why is there so much toxicity related to Anthem?

★★★★★ Guide

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

 

 

 


 

 

 


@MrCrusteePants wrote:

Because they lied to us about what the game was....They told us at E3 that what they showed us was actual in game footage and it's not.... 


I keep reading this nonsense, what was it then? It wasn't a CGI animation.


You just don’t get it. We could explain in a hundred different ways and it won’t get through that thick skull of yours. If you read the Kotaku article you’ll see where we are coming from. It exposes a lot about what went wrong in anthem’s development. That E3 trailer was a build; a version of anthem. But when they made the E3 build, they did not have an actual game built or even one in progress. They only had the E3 trailer build. That’s it. And what was shown was not what we got. Typical false advertising coupled with the fact that they didn’t have an actual product when they announced the game at E3 in 2017. That E3 trailer was all they had at the time. You get it now? 


Kotaku is a garbage site..

Message 30 of 58 (90 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help