Re: Why is there no more apex packs after LVL 100 like it's pretty boring after

★★★★ Guide
@UziSuicide100 Overwatch is not a free game in the first place. lol
Message 21 of 38 (456 Views)

★ Pro

@Jimmahwd wrote:

@Jem450R wrote:

Over 500 bucks for an ingame cosmetics item... i cant even fathom why one cares enough about an in game item to spend that much... 

I see your point. But when I was in my mid 20's working hard etc I had money to burn.

You couldn't spend that amount on games when I was in my 20's, but the amount of toys, gadgets etc I blew money on.

Well let's just say I'd own 4 extra houses. 

True, i did the same... but atleast they were physical positions i could hold, resell, or i even still have a lot of those toys... but a in game cosmetic boggles my mind. To each their own i guess...

Message 22 of 38 (443 Views)

★★★ Expert

@UziSuicide100 wrote:

I feel the same.

They should adapt the Overwacht's loot system, it's really balanced between progression and rewards.

Overwatch is a paid-for game. The monetization model is different, it's comparing apples to oranges.

Message 23 of 38 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Jem450R wrote:

@Jimmahwd wrote:

@Jem450R wrote:

Over 500 bucks for an ingame cosmetics item... i cant even fathom why one cares enough about an in game item to spend that much... 

I see your point. But when I was in my mid 20's working hard etc I had money to burn.

You couldn't spend that amount on games when I was in my 20's, but the amount of toys, gadgets etc I blew money on.

True, i did the same... but atleast they were physical positions i could hold, resell, or i even still have a lot of those toys... but a in game cosmetic boggles my mind. To each their own i guess...

Well, the way I talked myself into buying the heirloom is that if I had bought a new lazy chair for the living room, I would literally never sit on it anyway, I always sit on the sofa regardless.

A chair would be purely cosmetic too, it's literally just there to fill space space in my apartment and look good. My "old" chair is still new lol.

Anyway, I have bad lungs, I may live for 10 more years, I might not make next week. So cause of the health issue and not having any children etc, how you value money changes dramatically when your time is limited, and you are free of debt and other major financial obligations.

Message 24 of 38 (417 Views)

★★★ Expert

@xXCA_RageXx wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

I'm getting tired of these posts.

Because this game needs to make money to exist, and it will be discontinued if it did not make anything.

Be glad they're amicable enough to give you 45 free packs.

Why don't you sit down little bootlicker and stop defending crappy business practices. 

You get a free to play AAA shooter, as well as 45 dollar/euro of free cosmetics and you call that scummy?

Oke dude, the fact that the rarest and most valuable cosmetics in the game are possible to drop from your free packs is so generous it's unheard of.

Find me any game in the world where the best of the best cosmetics can be obtained for free? I guarantee they are completely pay-walled in any other F2P game.

Respawn is being pretty generous here. Call me a bootlicker all you want, these are facts.

Message 25 of 38 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Jem450R wrote:

@Jimmahwd wrote:

@Jem450R wrote:

It's your mindset. Virtual item is still an item that you can use.

Bitcoin is virtual currency, but will you say the same thing if u have 1000 bitcoins? No right?

Message 26 of 38 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You are right. Overwatch isn't a free game, but you can buy it cheaper than Apex's battle pass and its loot system is 100x better. About they let me uninstall Apex. Pay $15 to buy the game and then give me an Overwatch loot system. If I have to choose between a free game with a crappy loot system, or buy a game with a good loot system, I'll buy it.  Overwatch makes a fortune off their cosmetics and you can earn all of them without spending money.

Message 27 of 38 (385 Views)

★★ Guide

You should be enjoying the game even if you are not getting lootboxes, or its not a Good game.

Plus the lootboxes has too much half assed content, like legendary card backs, skins with patterns that look like what you see on cheap swim trunks etc. They are the least fun in this game so far. 

Message 28 of 38 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DarkWingPenguin2Lol because u bought Overwatch now. If u bought it by the time it first released, it's $60 my friend Standard smile
Overwatch is an 4 yrs old game fyi Standard smile

I was there 4 yrs ago. OW's loot box system is exactly like Apex now without the banners.

Message 29 of 38 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jem450R 

Lol the day I turned 22 I bought myself a brand new corvette put 3k miles on it over five years and lost way more than 500 bucks when I sold it wish I would have saved the 70k and spent 500  on video games so those things you can hold and sell can cost you a lot more than 500 just throwing that out there

Message 30 of 38 (343 Views)