Re: Why is the messaging/ friends list system so poor?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Why is the messaging/ friends list system so poor?

★★★ Novice

Just a simple question...….Why is the friends list and messaging so bad? There are tons of technical issue posts which may or may not be your programming. But the poor design is 100% yours. Why can't messages be sent to non friends for example? How tough is the coding there? There is barely any community happening here because..... why.. you ask? And....there you have it.

Message 1 of 3 (404 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Drewamigo

Hi!

I'll be happy to pass on any feedback you have about the friends system to the Origin team. So far I have:

• Why can't messages be sent to non friends

• You would like to see improved methods to boost the community spirit

If you've anything further to add, let me know.

Message 2 of 3 (317 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for following up on my questions and additionally, for forwarding them to the Dev crew. To be honest though Tom, I really don't have much opportunity to use the "as is" system. Despite searching post match for players who I synced well with, I rarely find them, and of the ones I do find, 9 out of 10 are privatized and without a contact option.

The result being a very small list for potenial squad mates. Which in turn makes it more unlikely than likely one of those few is ever in game when I am..... you get the picture.

The ability to mssg a non friend in game would solve most of the difficulties I've described. However, in cases where a post match search is necessary, perhaps an option to search via list would reduce scroll times, load times and ultimately search times. Or a minimized acct details. Either of which could easily be linked to the full details pages we get now.

Thanks again, oh... btw, the 2 things you took away from my post were spot on.
Message 3 of 3 (259 Views)