Why is the coop vs AI so unbalanced?

by Guanfei

Original Post

Re: Why is the coop vs AI so unbalanced?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Everyone just use officer turrets and you're fine. The AI is not programmed to take any cover or focus your turret very much. Not so when it's yourself who moves out of cover.

Also when you shoot from cover, the AI's hit chance is comparably poor. An example is the Starkiller Base map as defending stormtrooper when camping at the objective on the right side. Bring a LMG or fast sniper rifle and you're good. Just mind that visibility restrictions don't apply to the AI and they can sort of pre-aim even if a human player per game mechanics wouldn't know that you're there.

Message 11 of 37 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Guanfei The only issue I have with them is the tanks. They are sharp shots, and a droid tank can siege without switching to siege mode. Big problem on Felucia. Just have someone as a heavy equip ion rockets and you are fine, three rockets kill from a range they cant shoot at you. For hero play, if no one destroys the tank, flank the left side and try to get some abilities in. The right side is trash because of all the solid plants. That map is my least favorite for coop, but it's the only one I really struggle on. You can farm in the tight hallways of the first point of Kamino as the republic, so that makes up for it.
Message 12 of 37 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry guys, you can say whatever you want, but after spending more than my share of hours on it, I maintain that the AI is voluntarily overpowered, to the point the coop mode is now absolutely uninteresting.

What's the point in playing a mode against bots that basically roll over you in a matter of seconds? That's just plain *. I thought it was to compensate the lack of human intelligence, but I'm starting to think they did it to push people toward the pvp. Making the AI this overpowered is nothing more than sabotaging the mode. Especially with nothing else than living gods as AI heroes.

Message 13 of 37 (1,021 Views)

★ Guide
@Guanfei I'm on the winning team the majority of time playing Coop. You just need to be a good group of players, get a good position, and work that yellow manual cooldown on your weapon and you can get 50-100 eliminations every match as an infantry class alone. I know because I do it. It's great fun once you get the hang of it, and on Double and Triple XP days you can rank up like gangbusters
Message 14 of 37 (997 Views)

★★★ Novice
@grrr33nflash Sorry but that's bull.
I'll take the example of my last game, on Naboo. We can hold one point but the other ones are stormed literally in seconds. In less than 10 seconds, you have more than 20 enemies right on the defense point.
Best being the last stand in the palace, where you have a whole army literally appearing at the exact second the round starts, with one, sometimes 2, heroes leading them.
I'm not even exaggerating. The round starts, and boom, here's the whole CIS army storming through every gate, with Dokuu and Maul at their head. It doesn't take them more that a dozen of seconds to empty the place and then you can't take it back.
And it's like that all the time.
Message 15 of 37 (980 Views)

★ Guide

as experienced player this is the trend.....lately no one cant win naboo on Republic side on last post, FYI there is a couple of dice's guys doing adjustings and stuff to the game server side

Message 16 of 37 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

you have to learn to play the game

1. learn to use your yellow manual cool down. I use it every single game and my side wins lots of matches. Not 9 out of 10. But 6 out of 10? that's a decent bet

2. every map has choke points. LEARN THE MAP. it's like that movie 300. Doesn't matter how big the army is if they can't all fit through a doorway at the same time. Master those choke points.

3. The key is to get to the final stage of the round. That's the "master choke point" and when the poop hits the fan. you do need to be on a team with people who can work together and know the rules of the game. Just need to play the game to get to that final stage 

Is the AI too much lots of the time? You bet. THAT'S THE GAME. 

If you really want to complain about something, complain about playing against 5 rocket troopers at one time in a round of Blast.

Message 17 of 37 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@grrr33nflash More like a team of officers who instantly take every single reinforcement and are like a 700 lvl jet trooper wish I would love blast I wish
Message 18 of 37 (927 Views)

★ Expert
@soapy_catuses Blast never seems to have panned out in Battlefront. My few experiences with it in Battlefront 2 is getting mowed down by a near full team of Wookie Warriors or Death Troopers lol In Battlefront 2015, it was a pistol spam mode...the Battlefront version of the COD SMG. OP DL-44 at first, then DH-17 and others.
Message 19 of 37 (917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I end up using the Heavy class a lot in co-op.  The mini gun is excellent at clearing out AIs and the shield helps too.  It's pretty easy to build reinforcement points, then depending on the map and situation, I swap to either a tank or hero.  Sometimes I will go with another reinforcement.  The AI seems to go with tanks a lot more now, so as Republic, I often go Clone Commando to take out their armor quickly.

But overall...as others have said you really need a squad that wants to play the objective most of the time.

Message 20 of 37 (912 Views)