Re: Why is the Pathfinder's team shooting every alien animals on sight?

by soulguard03

Original Post

Why is the Pathfinder's team shooting every alien animal on sight?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok maybe if you see a huge Eiroch charging then you might want to defend yourself, but there seems to only be aggressive animals around, only trying to kill you. There has to be the equivalent of our herbivores, who would just flee as soon as they see you and your team. I was expecting a huge diversity in the wildlife in ME:A, and was highly disappointed... And also if you pass by an animal but are not close enough for it to attack you, then your squadmates will still go like "DIIIIIIIIE YOU FILTHY CREATURE"... But aren't we supposed to be explorers? The Andromeda Initiative emphazises a lot on passive observations and peaceful contacts but destroying the wildlife is ok?

And also: why the hell is the fauna the same on all the planets? And no one in the game seems to point it out. One line from Ryder, saying something like: "Hum, that's odd, we already saw this specie on Eos... Could it be a clue about this whole vault/remnant thing?" would have made a huge difference, I would have gone from "Pfff the developers were very lazy, they put the same animals everywhere" to "Oh, interesting, could it be that they were all "placed" on those planets?".

Message 1 of 12 (913 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Apparently, they thought the only animals you shouldn't kill were those you couldn't reach. ^_^

Regarding the panspermia, maybe it's related to the Meridian-thing. Although it's pretty odd having the same creatures withstanding very extremely opposite climates.

Message 2 of 12 (908 Views)

★★ Guide

I think PETA got left behind on the Quarian Ark...

Message 3 of 12 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

SAM releases its artificial anger and anti-organic bloodthirsty-ness by marking animals as red dots on team members' HUDs - that is why...

Message 4 of 12 (901 Views)

★★★ Pro

Originally, ME:A was going to be procedurally generated, which would of allowed for a much greater variety of creatures (and flora/Vistas) but got changed to hand rendered assets. Re-using assets then becomes cost effective.

I suppose they could put out a DLC expansion pack for flora and fauna if it looked like there'd be a demand for it. I'm glad they put more time into hand rendering and storyline than making an exciting variety of flora and fauna. No Man's Sky was a huge disappointment past just the procedural generation possibilities.

Shorter answer: Because all of them try to kill us. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (886 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"We came to Andromeda to Explore, hunt, and to date Quarians, but there are no Quarians so our whole plan is FUBAR! Kill all the things! Except for friends of Jaal. We like Jaal. He's good people."

~Scott Ryder: Pathfinder // Andromeda Initiative 

Message 6 of 12 (884 Views)

★ Pro

@trickytox wrote:

Ok maybe if you see a huge Eiroch charging then you might want to defend yourself, but there seems to only be aggressive animals around, only trying to kill you. There has to be the equivalent of our herbivores, who would just flee as soon as they see you and your team. I was expecting a huge diversity in the wildlife in ME:A, and was highly disappointed... And also if you pass by an animal but are not close enough for it to attack you, then your squadmates will still go like "DIIIIIIIIE YOU FILTHY CREATURE"... But aren't we supposed to be explorers? The Andromeda Initiative emphazises a lot on passive observations and peaceful contacts but destroying the wildlife is ok?

Exploring is like a seafood buffet with an extra step. You see food, kill it, and eat it. I would eventually like a nice Ancient Eiroch-skin rug for my quarters and I think Drack would be ok with mounting some heads on the wall in the upper walkway. He might move them to Tann's office though, just to listen to the screaming

Message 7 of 12 (878 Views)

★ Pro

Didn't anyone tell you about this intergalactic Barbecue that Ryder's planning?

Message 8 of 12 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, they are all hostile and immediately try to melt you with acid spit. All of them.

Message 9 of 12 (852 Views)

Well, since I get jumped by 2 or 3 Eirochs and the velociraptors things, each...when coming out of a remnant vault, I pretry much kill them when they are in the area....

As to variety, well Spoilers spoilers spoilers

One race did seed the entire sector with engineered races, so what do you expect ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 12 (846 Views)