Why is the Finisher and the interact button the same key?

by Spudmaster66

Original Post

Why is the Finisher and the interact button the same key?

★★★ Newbie

Why is the finisher and the interact key the same? I will often find myself doing a finisher when I intended to pick something up, close/open a door or anything else with the same key. It often puts me in a dangerous place I really don't want to be in during the game and often gets me killed.

Message 1 of 9 (614 Views)

Re: Why is the Finisher and the interact button the same key?

★★★★★ Expert
That's like saying 'why is the reload button the same as the interact button in most FPS'. It's likely a design choice to make you aware that you will 'interact' with something when you press that button, be it a door or a weapon.
Message 2 of 9 (580 Views)

★★ Pro
lol what he asking is basically why the finsiher key binding has to be the same key as interact key, and the worst part is you can't even change the finisher key.
Message 3 of 9 (567 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q wrote:
That's like saying 'why is the reload button the same as the interact button in most FPS'. It's likely a design choice to make you aware that you will 'interact' with something when you press that button, be it a door or a weapon.

The problem with this is that it leads you to use them by accident with enemies close by.

I have seen it happen many times on pro streams like Shroud and Mendo and Dizzy.

It gets you killed, and the worst part is that you cant cancel it yourself.

Message 4 of 9 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Wingmannedbro, well then, I must be doing something right or I'm on another pro lvl then them cause I never have any issues with it :P pro(digy) koochi has been born!

But seriously tho I've heard it from lots of players, but I honestly have (maybe in the beginning in the past) no issues with it. Maybe subconsciously I avoid going near 'interactionable' objects when I try to reload or open a door. Probs due to my years of playing horror games... play dead space or The Evil Within on hardest difficulty and you'll understand. Reloading there at certain points means imminent death cause you'll get ganged up on.

Maybe the devs will change it tho. Cause pc ppl can assign keys to certain actions right.

Message 5 of 9 (554 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Spudmaster66  I think you raise a pretty good point. It's also happened to me a few times, that I've tried to loot when I thought I was pretty far way from a downed enemy only to enter the finisher animation. Obviously, if you get shot when you're in the finisher it's going to be quite frustrating.

The answer might be to make the radius for activating the finisher much smaller. Or to permit those actions to be bound to separate keys.

Message 6 of 9 (538 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q

It seems to happen when they want to swap a body shield from a box, but the enemy they just downed is too close.

Message 7 of 9 (520 Views)

★★★ Expert

It's not that difficult to add another key binding for the PC, but can it be done on consoles? Are there inputs available for this specifically, on all types of control pads used? If the intention is to make Apex a cross platform game in the future, it's important to have the same number of control keys everywhere, so that none of the platform gets to be advantaged.

From another perspective, this makes the downed player more useful, because he can help his own team by moving in front of the doors or over some loot, slowing or trapping the attackers.

Message 8 of 9 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Wingmannedbro, in normal circumstances I'd say just punch the downed player to death or away from the box so you could make a mad dash to the deathbox to equip armor, but this can't always be done.

It's unfortunate, but sometimes there's just no winning even tho it's a fairly simple circumstance. I rarely go for boxes when I know there's still ppl around. Unless I'm really desperate. I just usually double back, heal up and attack again

@DoYaSeeMe it's unfortunately not possible on consoles. PC has a multitude of 'untapped keys (lolz nice one if I do say so myself Tongue out)' that can be assigned to certain actions. Usually all the keys for controllers are already assigned. One can make the argument that some actions occur less than others so you can assign a function to that button, but that's not practical in the end. Another way would be to use the PUBG approach and make combinations for certain actions... but that's even crazier. 'Yea let's hold down RT + LT + B to use a syringe!' thats crazy in my opinion xD. 

Message 9 of 9 (467 Views)