Why is season 6 so hard??

by Marge010

Original Post

Why is season 6 so hard??

★★★★ Guide

I've played over 200 games and still can't get a positive kd. This is the worst start to a season I've had since I started playing the game a year ago. I've slowly been improving each season but as soon as season 6 landed its like the difficulty has been seriously cranked up. 

I'm still playing and I will keep playing but it's getting a little boring now cos each match I struggle to get more than 1 kill. Can you imagine playing for hours and hours and only getting 1 or 0 kills per game? I'm only still playing cos I literally cannot find any other game I like. 

Message 1 of 26 (1,386 Views)

Re: Why is season 6 so hard??

★★★ Guide

People get so use to their comfort zone and playing certain way, it takes a while to break out of your habits and look for and learn new ways to play.

The changes are pretty wild, but they are the same for everyone. 

Message 2 of 26 (1,363 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Are you entering fights with white evo by chance. Also why even worry about kd on this? Wins are what counts.
Message 3 of 26 (1,341 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marge010 Ummm, no offense, but I'm not the best player (and that's putting it lightly) and I have a positive kd, my first game was a 6 kill dub. If anything I personally think that it's easier to kill now, what with the reduced shield health.
Message 4 of 26 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Reason 1: LAG - theres such a huge time delay between things. I've unloaded a whole havoc rifle in the back of someones head and they turn around and down me (purple shield) with two bullets.

Similarly this make hit registration n such a real nightmare. Shooting seems a bit off.

Reason 2: Time To Kill - with a reduced TTK close-range fights now seem to be like everybody dies < / rev>. So it now sometimes pays to hold back a bit. Even snipers and mid range battles are more dangerous now - but viable effective and fun.

So it's a combination of the above and needing to adjust to the new TTK. Imho. I often experience that at the start of every season which i think is often the connection issue.

Message 5 of 26 (1,302 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Marge010 wrote:

Can you imagine playing for hours and hours and only getting 1 or 0 kills per game?

No need for me to imagine, I can just remember it. I was, like, really bad when I started playing the game. Since then I've advanced to "just bad". I have to say, though, so far into S6 I'm doing a better than last season both in terms of kills and especially wins.

Message 6 of 26 (1,287 Views)

Champion

@Marge010  Are you still trying to play this season like previous seasons?

I finished off my first session of S6 on around 0.76 k/d. Got extremely annoyed at the game and then decided to look at my own in game decisions more subjectively. Which worked as i'm back to positive k/d and still climbing.

Look at how you're losing your fights, look for a counterplay or skills you need to improve on to even the playing field for yourself.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 26 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I guess I'm just not good enough to change playing style. I don't even really know what my playing style is lol. When I read the patch notes I was looking forward to this season and my first few games were good and I got a win early on but then I found I was getting killed so much quicker and easier and its been the same nearly every game. I thought it might make things a bit better with lower TTK but its making it so much harder. Ah well guess I will keep trying. 

Message 8 of 26 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Marge010  then start with the basic bud.

Work on your strafing and movement, recoil control and positioning. Even mastering the basics puts you above half the playerbase from what I've seen lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 26 (1,222 Views)

★ Expert

To be fair S6 is like my sex life - looked to be full of promise, ended up disappointing and the playing sessions were much briefer than I'd hoped they'd be.

Message 10 of 26 (1,204 Views)