Re: Why is season 6 so hard??

by Marge010

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thought I would give it serious go today and try different strategies. Played 10 games, got 1 kill!!! I'm getting worse! Starting to annoy me now.

I'm really not looking forward to King's canyon coming back cos I'm worse on that map compared to worlds edge. I'll be surprised if I get any kills! 

Message 11 of 26 (546 Views)

★ Expert

I am just being a lot more careful with my movement. If I am about to enter an open area, I have a bloody good scout around first. I hunt around like mad for a TT and only engage from close up if I have to. I stick with my squad and hope they bloody stick with me. If I see a squad having a pow-pow i don't go in all guns blazing - I tell my squad and wait until they can back me up. I keep an eye on the ring so I am not running into pinch-points with it at my heels. If I have to move a distance, it's ALWAYS by jump tower even if it means staying into the ring.

After a week of trash and keeping to these tactics in my first 6 games of KL I got 2 wins and 9 kills Standard smile

Message 12 of 26 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyIn other words, you're now wearing protection.

Everything in your aforementioned post is spot on, and I have to ask, isn't it way more exciting playing this way as opposed to just running around the map like a chicken without a head, to an extent.

I've had way more randoms with mics wanting to communicate, and very few solo running rambos, which to me praises the game's ideology of a team oriented play style. 

Message 13 of 26 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I see this as a bigger can of worms for cheating.

Consider this, snap your fingers, or blink your eyes! Now ask yourselves, with the way the TTK is, does the amount of time it take to snap and blink, in that split second, do you think that is a realistic kill time to get knocked in LVL 3 or LVL4 armor? Because I see this now, and I'm not talking about getting sniped from a Kraber either.

Cheaters now, with the TTK, the game play is just really sad... Frown

Message 14 of 26 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

What I found yesterday is that because my kd has dropped quite a bit I'm now getting matched up with more newer players. The problem with this is every team mate I have is completely useless, does not play as a team and most of the time does nothing at all. Even though I'm getting matched up against newer players I'm still getting destroyed every game.

It is now getting to the point where it is so difficult that is it is unplayable for me. I really don't understand whats has happened but I'm really not enjoying this game at all anymore and I've not felt this bad about this game before. Apex is the only game I play at the moment and have done all year so I'm thinking the only way to force myself to stop playing this game now is to keep quitting ranked games so I that I get a big penalty and can't play even if I want to and then hopefully I can find something else and forget about Apex.

Message 15 of 26 (481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Reducing the ttk adds a little more randomness into gunfights - A bit of lag on your end? More chance it's going to cost you the fight. Your opponent bunnyhopping around hip firing the mastiff? More chance he'll get a lucky shot that chinks half your health.

I think reducing the ttk was a bad idea. But it's a change were all getting used to I guess. Its gonna hit players with sub-par internet the hardest.

Message 16 of 26 (469 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I do have 100mb fibre connection and my xbox is connected via ethernet but I guess there could still be some lag issues although I don't notice it. I guess I'm just really bad at this game and cannot improve after playing over 7000 games in total lol. Time to move on I think

Message 17 of 26 (454 Views)

@Marge010 Mind if I ask what guns you used in previous seasons? What guns are you using this season? The changes to guns has really changed up whats meta. What legends are you using as well?

Could it also be a psychological thing? in which you're psyching yourself out? Maybe just need to relax, build some confidence?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 26 (433 Views)

Hero
@hayhor Heh i honestly could careless if i win. In fact chances of we winning are very slim. Because im always trying dumb trick shots or some other weird wall jump crap 180 blast to dome. If myself and our team is having fun thats all that counts for me. I have done 2700 damage on a match this season with only 0 kills to show for it. =D was funny but for me i could careless about k/d or wins. As long as im having fun.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 26 (431 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex my favourite weapons are heavy ammo weapons so flatline, prowler, spitfire. I usually avoid shotguns and snipers as I'm not good with these. I alternate between bangalore and caustic, very rarely use other legends.
Main problem I have is my aim is poor but I can't be bothered spending ages in the firing range. In previous seasons I wasn't anywhere near as bad as this season
Message 20 of 26 (452 Views)