Re: Why is racism allowed?

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is racism allowed?

★★★ Newbie

The fact that a player spamming racial slurs and hate speech in the chat is something that is not only tolerated but blatantly ignored is the biggest mistake a game company can make when it comes to multiplayer games. It is so easy to implement a system that automatically blocks racial slurs and phrases but you expect players to go out of their way to submit a report just for it to lead to no consequence? You talk about supporting a healthy game environment but then do nothing about blatant racism and hate speech. Toxicity is one thing every game has, but actual slur spamming and hate speech about harming others of a certain race should not be tolerated in any capacity. Step up your game EA. If anyone says "just block them" you are part of the problem. 

Message 1 of 7 (449 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

@BuckBBe 

I see a couple of your reports have been escalated for review. There also is one case where the advisor is waiting for more information from you. While a lot of in game data is logged, we don't get everything. If you could provide the details being requested by the advisor, they should be able to continue looking in to this.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (418 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello, @BuckBBe 

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration with this. Obviously, we never want to see hate speech in our games and are always trying to end that. There are normally in-game reporting tools for reporting players behaving offensively. Which game are you playing?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Battlefield 1, I reported the player in the game and through support. 130570684 That is the case number that was immediately closed with no action taken. 

Message 3 of 7 (443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I provided evidence and everything, which shouldn't even be needed as text chat logs should be a thing.

Message 4 of 7 (425 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@BuckBBe 

I see a couple of your reports have been escalated for review. There also is one case where the advisor is waiting for more information from you. While a lot of in game data is logged, we don't get everything. If you could provide the details being requested by the advisor, they should be able to continue looking in to this.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 7 (419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can do, thank you for your assistance. 

Message 6 of 7 (414 Views)

Community Manager

@BuckBBe 

You're very welcome. If you have any other issues, please reach out again. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 7 (409 Views)