Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

by plivx
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★★★ Novice
@plivx it is broken and there fixing it in season 2 patch, those of you who say its not broken you are wrong the devs have said this is an issue and are patching it next season
Message 31 of 69 (297 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:


Certain characters have visible components that are NOT part of their hitbox, Pathfinder more than anyone when accounting for his fleshy legendary skins.

 

Gibraltar has that thing on his back, you can hit that, but won't deal damage since it's not his body, Bloodhound helmet has parts you can hit, but wont deal damage since you didn't hit Bloodhound's head.

 

Etc.

 

Stop blaming his hitbox, it's an actual proven FACT that his hitbox is very accurate.


''Certain characters have visible components that are NOT part of their hitbox, Pathfinder more than anyone when accounting for his fleshy legendary skins.''

 

There you go, one of the problems.

When you shoot a pathfinder you feel like you hit him but you din't becouse of visible components bla bla bla bla bla.

 

''Stop blaming his hitbox, it's an actual proven FACT that his hitbox is very accurate.''

 

A verry accurate hitbox is a hitbox that when you shoot the target you HIT him.

If there are 2387465237864523874 components on the legend that don't count as a hit then its a proven FACT the hitbox is terrible right?

If removing those components is a indirect solution to the hitbox problem thats fine by me.

 

The definition of a verry accurate hitbox should include all components.

So bullets not hitting pathfinder when you feel like they should could verry well be becouse of those components you keep talking about.

But by no meens is it OK now.

 

I think even when you make Pathfinders hitbox accurate when components are removed.

You still have a way to hard hitbox to hit considering his INSANE best ingame skills.

 

Every other legend has either a small hitbox OR good skills.

At the moment pahtfinder is the king in both.

And some legends have neither ( They should receive a buff BUT they are not ruining the game atm. )

 

And saying people should play pathfinder to find out hes not harder to hit does not work.

If you play a legend you can't see if a bullet shot should have hit you or not.

I don't know if the person shooting me is a potato or if its hitbox problems.

Was this part of your research to prove FACTS?

 

This goes the other way as well.

People playing pathfinder to state they get hit a lot less is the dumbest way to claim a hitbox is good or not.

You can only see if a hitbox is broken by shooting it yourself.

 

So yes, Lets start by removing all the components on the pathfinder.

A good hitbox has WAY more value to over cool skins.

And after that lets see again.

 

 

 

 

Message 32 of 69 (274 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★ Guide

@Auditoryillusion wrote:
@plivxit is broken and there fixing it in season 2 patch, those of you who say its not broken you are wrong the devs have said this is an issue and are patching it next season

If you take the time to write a comment here.

Why not take the extra 1 minute to add a link to the source where you get this information from?

Message 33 of 69 (270 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★ Guide

@Jem450R wrote:

Ive never had a problem hitting pathfinder, i zapped a hs from a distance the other day with a longbow... its really only a problem because streamers say so... and no i dont main pathfinder, hes my number 3 behind bangalore, lifeline


Pathfinders hitbox is OK becouse you managed to get a headshot the other day?

 

Obviously its not impossible to hit pathfinders.

Or else this would not have been a discussion.

Message 34 of 69 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★ Guide

@Huntinwabits wrote:
@Wingmannedbroyour too busy achieving the tops posts and replies, I have no idea how you would even have time to play or know how his hitbox is.. His hitbox needs to be Fixed. plain and simple

Most useless way of arguing ever.

If you have nothing constructive or funny to say.

Don't bother typing at all.

 

And i call hypocrite

 

 

Message 35 of 69 (266 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DaAceXDListen here (Guide) Newbie. I mess with @wingmannedbro a lot on here, You wouldn't know anything about that because your new.

Message 36 of 69 (240 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★★★ Guide

@DaAceXD 

 

Because if he would add links they would say hit registration not pathfinder hitbox but who needs fact you believe what he says this is the internet it must be true

Message 37 of 69 (239 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★★★ Pro

@Huntinwabits wrote:
@Wingmannedbrook well, I see why you have NP hitting the pathfinder because you play on console ps4, witch gives aim assist, so there we have it. Console players don't experience this like a PC player does..

That's not true at all, aim assist in Apex is a bad joke, it only activates at very far distance when you're not using a score, and it more so jerks around with your input and harms your aim more than it helps.

 

Feel free to give console a try, see how much that helps you.

 

I have plenty of comparable experience playing on PC and Console, and PC is generally easier. Especially aiming is way easier with mouse, and I mean by a very large margin.

Message 38 of 69 (227 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★★★ Pro

@Auditoryillusion wrote:
@plivxit is broken and there fixing it in season 2 patch, those of you who say its not broken you are wrong the devs have said this is an issue and are patching it next season

Submit some evidence please, because I clearly remember devs saying they were satified with Pathfinders hitbox.

Message 39 of 69 (226 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Why is hitting pathfinder a headache?

★★★★ Pro

@DaAceXD wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:


Certain characters have visible components that are NOT part of their hitbox, Pathfinder more than anyone when accounting for his fleshy legendary skins.

 

Gibraltar has that thing on his back, you can hit that, but won't deal damage since it's not his body, Bloodhound helmet has parts you can hit, but wont deal damage since you didn't hit Bloodhound's head.

 

Etc.

 

Stop blaming his hitbox, it's an actual proven FACT that his hitbox is very accurate.


''Certain characters have visible components that are NOT part of their hitbox, Pathfinder more than anyone when accounting for his fleshy legendary skins.''

 

There you go, one of the problems.

When you shoot a pathfinder you feel like you hit him but you din't becouse of visible components bla bla bla bla bla.

 

''Stop blaming his hitbox, it's an actual proven FACT that his hitbox is very accurate.''

 

A verry accurate hitbox is a hitbox that when you shoot the target you HIT him.

If there are 2387465237864523874 components on the legend that don't count as a hit then its a proven FACT the hitbox is terrible right?

If removing those components is a indirect solution to the hitbox problem thats fine by me.

 

The definition of a verry accurate hitbox should include all components.

So bullets not hitting pathfinder when you feel like they should could verry well be becouse of those components you keep talking about.

But by no meens is it OK now.

 

I think even when you make Pathfinders hitbox accurate when components are removed.

You still have a way to hard hitbox to hit considering his INSANE best ingame skills.

 

Every other legend has either a small hitbox OR good skills.

At the moment pahtfinder is the king in both.

And some legends have neither ( They should receive a buff BUT they are not ruining the game atm. )

 

And saying people should play pathfinder to find out hes not harder to hit does not work.

If you play a legend you can't see if a bullet shot should have hit you or not.

I don't know if the person shooting me is a potato or if its hitbox problems.

Was this part of your research to prove FACTS?

 

This goes the other way as well.

People playing pathfinder to state they get hit a lot less is the dumbest way to claim a hitbox is good or not.

You can only see if a hitbox is broken by shooting it yourself.

 

So yes, Lets start by removing all the components on the pathfinder.

A good hitbox has WAY more value to over cool skins.

And after that lets see again.

 

 

 

 


I wanna touch on this comment.

 

"A verry accurate hitbox is a hitbox that when you shoot the target you HIT him.

If there are 2387465237864523874 components on the legend that don't count as a hit then its a proven FACT the hitbox is terrible right?

If removing those components is a indirect solution to the hitbox problem thats fine by me."

 

This is a wrong way of thinking. In that same logic, shooting Bangalore's puffy hair should count as headshots right?

 

Ofc not, that would be dumb, since it's hair, and not her head.

 

Stop aiming for Pathfinders skinny limbs (which have the grappling hook gadgets fitted on them) and just aim for his huge torso for a change.

 

How hard is to aim at his body? You must be really bad if you can't that, his torso is huge and easy to hit.

Message 40 of 69 (225 Views)
Twitter Stream