Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Why is anthem still so bad 2 months later?

by cannyjack

Original Post

Why is anthem still so bad 2 months later?

★★★ Apprentice

Haven’t played anthem in over a month because it’s was quite frankly, garbage at release. So i was looking through my game today for something to play and I see anthem, I was reminded how I pre ordered and payed for the more expensive version (with regret).  To my utter disbelief I can’t stay in the game for longer then 10 minutes without it freezing and sending me back to Xbox dashboard or getting the pilot data error thing.. how can an already terrible game be even worse 2 months down the line? How is this possible? No matter how much you try with this game it’s it own worst enemy, I’m not even mad at this point, it’s just funny now. What a meme. 

Message 1 of 6 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]

I disagree, I found the day one patch fixed most of the stability issues on Xbox. (though there were bugs that required attention mostly in patches 1.0.3 and 1.0.4)

And just to be clear, I'm not doubting your experience, simply suggesting that what works fine on most Xbox's means a more specific issue in your case.

Perhaps the issue is more with your internet/router or individual console?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 6 (278 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They managed to release this bs of a game after 6 years of what one would assume should be development process and you expect it to be fixed in 2 months?

Simply la-mao. 

Message 3 of 6 (242 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even though I haven't touched Anthem in almost a month, I did not have these issues except for 2 occasions. I crashed completely and it force quit the game and one time it could not load my pilot data. I think in part of having so few connection issues to being I have my Ethernet cable plugged directly into my Xbox and I have decent internet speed. I am not sure if that is the reason why I had so little actual performance issues. I have heard a ton of people having connection issues and crashes. I have not had such, only a few and I also have the first gen Xbox one. The game may not be up to par with a lot of people for various reasons. But hopefully today's stream and update will change the future for their game. 

Message 4 of 6 (241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

I disagree, I found the day one patch fixed most of the stability issues on Xbox. (though there were bugs that required attention mostly in patches 1.0.3 and 1.0.4)

And just to be clear, I'm not doubting your experience, simply suggesting that what works fine on most Xbox's means a more specific issue in your case.

Perhaps the issue is more with your internet/router or individual console?

It may have fixed it for you but clearly not all.

There is a lot of Xbox's in the world and also you are unaware of how many of them are used to play Anthem so I don't think you can make that statement

And most everyone who frequents this site, reddit and twitter would have come across someone complaining about the pilot data error which dates back to the VIP demo (and is still not fixed) and is clearly NOT the fault of an individuals piece of equipment.

Message 5 of 6 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

To answer the question in the topic, because it started on a shaky foundation. It's going to be a mountain of work to fix that. 

Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help